Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Should I get a Stoeger 2000 12ga? Good deal for this...? >

Should I get a Stoeger 2000 12ga? Good deal for this...?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Should I get a Stoeger 2000 12ga? Good deal for this...?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 PM

Default Should I get a Stoeger 2000 12ga? Good deal for this...?

I always wanted to get a semi-auto shotgun for hunting. I hunt all types of small game. Mostly doves, geese, and ducks. Went to a local gun shop and they had a special on the stoeger 2000. 12 guage, camo, and semi-auto. They want $339 and thats brand new in box. He said it also includes a pistol grip stock in matching camo. He said he has about 10 of these, and needs to get rid of all of them. He said he never had one of these come back, and are very reliable for the price, it cant be beat. So what do you guys think? Only thing is they all come with 24" barrels, which is no big deal. Alot of time I like hunting in blinds, and rather have a little shorter of a barrel. 24" is fine with me. So how is that price of $339 for this including the matching pistol grip stock? What about problems with these? Anything i should know before i buy one? Or should i stay clear of these and go for a benelli. Only thing is I only have about $400 right now and the season opens monday.

Thanks guys!!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should I get a Stoeger 2000 12ga? Good deal for this...?

That is an excellent price on that gun
Old 08-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

there was a recall about a year ago on the 200 combo guns. hopefully those weren't involved.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Do you know what the recalls were? I know he said last year he got a bunch and they sold like hotcakes, and they got alot more this year and didnt sell all of them. So im guessing they are 2008 model years.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

My concern on these shotguns is the metal finish. Last time I was at Gander Moutain I saw a brand new Stoeger 2000 in black synthetic on the rack. Rust was starting to form around the vented part of the barrel. I would personally play it safe and go for the Franchi I12 for around $675.00.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 PM

I dont have $675 to throw at a shotgun now when i need to get a new 30-06 too. Trying to get a good deal and think $339 is a good deal for this gun. I would be getting one in the camo finish. I would think as long as you keep it clean it would be fine and not rust. Any gun will rust if you dont take care of it.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another point concerning the rust on the finish is that it might have not been wiped down in awhile and or stored in humid conditions. I don't know of many guns that would not rust eventually under those conditions. I have stories from numerous duckhunters how well these guns hold up in their type of hunting so I wouldn't worry about the rusting. Most guns with a matte finish and are blued are prone to rusting. Simple fix clean off all the packing oil and gunk and wipe it down with Eezox.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:27 PM

if i buy this gun, (my 1st semi) is there anything to do before i shoot it? Lube it? or will it be lubed up from factory?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I completely strip the gun as far as it will go . I squirt the trigger assembly with remoil and then blow it dry with an air can. I clean the barrel(s) and lightly oil them on the inside, I use a tikki wipe for cleaning the barrels. Wipe off all the gook inside the receiver with solvent and then with a cleaning patch and a good oil rub the insides of the receiver to leave a light film of oil. Clean the outside of the gun with a aerosol solvent and then run Shooters Choice fp10 remoil or Eezox on a patch and go over the exterior of the gun. Berettas and Franchis come with their own oil and this might come with its own as well if not use what I listed abovejust follow the manufacturers instructions on disassembly. A little oil is better then a lot of oil on the operating surfaces and the interior of the barrel.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

For a combo that's a great price. I love my Stoeger 2000. I paid $300 for mine and it only came with one barrel.

When I first got it I followed their recommendation and shot two boxes of turkey loads through her. After that I took her to the trap range and she functioned flawlessly on light loads. I've never had a miss of any kind with mine.

Tom

Quick Reply: Should I get a Stoeger 2000 12ga? Good deal for this...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.