Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!! >

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

I can say that even being a beginning reloaderthat seating the bullet out to touching the lands is an absolute no-no. Instant pressure spike.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

I can say that even being a beginning reloaderthat seating the bullet out to touching the lands is an absolute no-no. Instant pressure spike.
Though it does increase pressure to a degree, it's not an absolute no-no.

As with any set up, "working up" with a certain set of conditions/components allows the safety factor.

Were you to load an already hot load, worked up off the lands, then try to kiss lands with it, it might spike the pressure a little over the top.

Lottsa folks kiss lands...............
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

i was simply repeating what i was told.
This is the main mistake you made. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you read.

Getting yourself killed or injured is fine. Endangering others by running off at the mouth without knowing your facts is unacceptable.

Tom
Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

i was simply repeating what i was told.

i know numerous reloaders that measure out the bullet to tuch the lands. i guess they're wrong too. but their rifles haven't blown up.

honestly i really don't give a s**t. but now that you are calling workers "unskilled" that really pisses me off. I'll overlook all the innuendos directed at me, i don't care, think whatever you want. but when you want to call people "unskilled" who aren't even present to defend themselves is a low blow. to me that is a sign of arrogance.
Let me repeat this one last time...they use a no-go-gauge click on the link to see what one looks like

http://www.larrywillis.com/gonogo.html

Now looking at the pictures what part of that no-go-gaugewould engage the rifling? TheCorrect answer is none. Why on God's green earth would Savage use random loaded ammo at a certain OAL to engage the rifling. WHat purpose would that serve? The Savage worker(s) are running a "SYSTEM" and are performing basic assembly work maybe you ought to spend some time and watch a video on how they build a rifle. DO you think the guy screwing the barrel nut on is a full fledged gunsmith ? I bet they have 1 or 2 gunsmiths that work there that take back their rejects but other then that don't hold your breath. I have been accused a time or two of being arrogant and to you I might seem that way but I am trying to educate you and obviously I failed at that.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: A11en
- I prefer the look of Remingtons excluding the blued SPS, which is Savage like ugly. (I have one in .308)
I like mine. This 700SPS is chambered for .270 win and has been pretty reliable. I don't think it is ugly.

My buddy just got a Savage .30-06 with that accu-trigger. It shoots fine. My gunsmith onlycharged me $20 to lighten the trigger on my SPS to 3.5 pounds so I think they about equal now.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

If remington marketed their rifles with that picture, , I do believe that they might double their sales
Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM

Now yer talking'...

I KNEW there was a reason I favor Remmy's, they just look better in that light.........
Old 08-21-2008, 08:13 AM

Remington hands down. Savage is most accurate but not nearly built as good as the Remington.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

What Rifle in what picture ?
Old 08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gangly

If remington marketed their rifles with that picture, , I do believe that they might double their sales
You should see her shoot skeet.

Quick Reply: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.