Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun or hunting " pro" ? >

Gun or hunting " pro" ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun or hunting " pro" ?

Old 03-10-2003, 02:03 PM

Default Gun or hunting " pro" ?

Just when you think you' ve seen and heard it all..... I went down to the local gun shop last Saturday to pick up a couple boxes of ammo and as I go in, I notice in the corner was one young fellow (maybe 30) talking guns & hunting to a bunch of the younger boys (12-20). Maybe half a dozen of these boys. As I look and listen, I hear him going on and on about his new website and that he' s a gun/hunting pro. Well, the owner is a good friend of mine, so I quietly ask about what' s going on. " He just wandered in a couple hours ago and started talking to a bunch of the customers.... claims he' s some hunting pro, so all the kids are asking him all kinds of questions," says Bob. Well, apparently he DOES have a website & considers himself a gun pro, but my question is.... what makes somebody a pro? Now, I' m old enough to be that fellow' s daddy myself, probably done ten times the hunting and shooting as well, so am I a " gun-pro." Okay, I don' t have a website!!! Problem is though, all jokes aside, that this guy was telling these youngsters all about the new 300 mags and that if they had a 300 ultra, that' s the only gun they' d ever need (maybe true, but can you imagine a 13 year old shooting a 300 ultra??). Shouldn' t a " pro" give better advice than that?Anyway, this " pro" apparently has turned up in other shops in the area as well. I guess my question or observation is.... if we have a website are we all gun pros????? Sorry for the long post, but this may be the most asinine thing I' ve ever heard.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2003, 02:58 PM

Default RE: Gun or hunting " pro" ?

Being a " pro " is relative. Back in the caveman days, the guy who could sling his spear at 90fps and hit a small critter would be a pro. If you surround yourself with those who know less about a particular subject, you' ll be the pro in the crowd.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose if he makes money from sponsors or subscribers of his website, that would make him a pro at running a website on guns and hunting though doubtfully a pro on guns and hunting- its all in the semantics. [>:]
Old 03-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take him to the range, and see how he does off the bench and off hand. It may be an interesting day. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]