Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 NEED HELP!!!!! >

NEED HELP!!!!!

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NEED HELP!!!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 PM

Default NEED HELP!!!!!

Hey guys and girls, just got my new Sako 85 Finnlight today and need help. Have not yet bought a scope or even rings and mounts yet. I live here in New Brunswick Canada and we are very very limited to outfitting Stores. I actually had to order my gun from Alberta. And now since i have no dealer i am wondering what size rings i can go with for a 50mm Bell.
I am looking to go with the Leupold ring mounts and a Leupold VXIII 50mm Or Zeiss Conquest 44mm bell, and i am wondering if i can get away with the Medium Rings. Can someone please help!! Thanks in Advance!!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Default RE: NEED HELP!!!!!

Medium won't work on a 50mm and I don't think they will on the 44mm either. You are going to need a set of high rings. If you want to stay with mediums or possibly lows you may want to look at the VX-L by Leupold. It is the one with the "dent" in the bell.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Suggestion - contact Leupold's technical help folks. They should know exactly what Leupold ring/mount system will work best on any of their scopes for the Sako 85.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another option to check out would be Talley. I'm thinking their medium rings would work on a 44mm. Contact Gary @ Talley... a very helpful person. You may also desire to investigate Warne. They make a ringmount for Sako's.