Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 charles daly shotguns >

charles daly shotguns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

charles daly shotguns

Old 03-03-2003, 11:29 PM

Default charles daly shotguns

what do you know about them
Old 03-04-2003, 08:34 AM

Default RE: charles daly shotguns

I have a Daly Field Hunter semi. If I could go back to when I bought it, I would have saved my money and bought a better make. My gun has been returned 2 times to be fixed. Once the action broke, then the fireing pin wouldn' t hit the primmer hard enough to set a shell off. And now my gun won' t even set off Federal shells. No idea why, but it will set everything else off. This is just one gun but one opinion goes a long way.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:46 AM

If you do a search for " charles daily" , you' ll find many stories similiar to Daethorn' s. I' d save up for something of better quality.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

It appears that Charles Daly' s have a love/hate reputation. Some hate them and some love them. A buddy of mine, loves his. He bought a Superior II 12ga 3" mag, 26" bbl semi-auto, about a month or so ago. We went to the range a couple days later, he had a case of 2-3/4" 3 dram by 1-1/8oz #6' s and I a couple boxes of 3" #4 and #2, along with a couple case of clays. We spent the whole afternoon ringing it out. He had not even taken it ou of the box until we go to the range and he was putting it together while I set up the trap thrower.

Well, we shooting everything we had brought, both ammo and clay bird wise. His Charles Daly handle everything we ran thru it flawlessly. We mixed 3" mags and the light 2-3/4" load together, and it handle the mixture with no malfunctions at all. We shot it over 300, maybe as many as 350 time that afternoon. Like I said it functioned flawlessly. I was impressed to say the least. I had expected several malfunctions as least. Since then I have looked at the Field Hunter model and it appears to a different design than the Superior model. It could be that the Superior model is a better gun and design than the Field Hunter model.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most people who like them haven' t owned them very long.
I hear lots of stories about those guns when they start acting up after a year or so. Most of them brake earlier though. IMO they are worse than the rem m710. At least 30% of people I' ve heard who own a 710 like them. Maybe 3 out of the dozens of stories I' ve heard about charles daly gun were good ones.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Like I said in another thread about Charles Daly shotguns, that only time and many rounds will tell how my buddy' s Superior II holds up. He has approximately 325-350 rounds thru it so far. We are tentatively scheduled for another clay bird shoot in a couple weeks, in which I am sure he will shoot another case thru it (or try to anyway). I' ll keep track of how many rounds he has thru it when and if it every has anything break or malfunction. I' ll definately let everyone know how it goes.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:49 PM

When I got mine it was good for the first 750 at least, I have put alot of rounds through my mossburg, and it has never failed. I think Charles daly is just makeing guns for people who can' t afford the higher priced guns. There is nothing wrong with that till they start messing up. I just don' t think that they are a good quality gun. Take Stoger for instance, it' s nothing special, handles like a 2x4, and is no Ruger. It might last through 10,000 rounds before it breaks, or 500. But in my opinion Daly' s just plain suck.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m not a fan!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Spike

I had one that was a 12 gauge semi auto and I fired maybe 700 rounds without a bit of a problem,but I am a small framed person and I wanted a 26" barrel,I had a 28" and it just felt too big. I tried for 2 months to get one from the factory and they told me they didn' t know when the would be able to get any parts as they are made in turkey and they are having a civil war going on over there,so I sold it and bought a remington 1100 with a screw in choke system.I took a $150 loss on the deal,but I still that I came out ahead on the deal. sj
Old 03-07-2003, 12:20 PM

When did you get it? Because now they are made by KBI and are made in Harrisburg, PA. Granted it did take them 2 months to fix mine last time I sent it in.

Quick Reply: charles daly shotguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.