Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Thompson Center Pro Hunter >

Thompson Center Pro Hunter

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thompson Center Pro Hunter

Old 07-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thompson Center Pro Hunter

anyone have any trigger work done? no gunsmiths in my area will touch them. my local gunsmith said the last few he tried made no difference. the trigger is good as far as a clean break with no creep, it's just a little heavy for my taste. i'm guessing it's somewhere around 5 to 5 1/2 pounds. i like mine just under 3 pounds preferably.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thompson Center Pro Hunter

The Pro Hunter action is the same action as the standard Encore. I sent mine to Bellm for a trigger job. He did a fantastic job.

Go to his web site. He has instructions there to tell you how to do it yourself also. He also sells the spring kits there. Tom.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

The Pro Hunter action is the same action as the standard Encore. I sent mine to Bellm for a trigger job. He did a fantastic job.

Go to his web site. He has instructions there to tell you how to do it yourself also. He also sells the spring kits there. Tom.
couple questions:

what is the web address?

how long did they have your rifle when doing this?

would you try it yourself or recommend sending it out?

how much did it cost?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

here's his web address. http://www.bellmtcs.com/
i bought a spring kit and some stones from him and did the trigger job myself. it turned out great. just follow the free instructions and take your time and it will turn out great and you'll be very happy.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CAM2

here's his web address. http://www.bellmtcs.com/
i bought a spring kit and some stones from him and did the trigger job myself. it turned out great. just follow the free instructions and take your time and it will turn out great and you'll be very happy.
how long did it take you to do this and how easy was it? i don't want to get it apart and not be able to fix it.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I paid $75 to do the job. His turn around time when I had mine dine was short. I had it back in less than two weeks from the date I shipped.All you do is take the stock off the receiver, and ship the receiver. I sent mine in the US Mail.

I have no idea how hard it would be to do. I am not mechanical.

The guy did a great-fast job. I was very satisfied. Tom.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just purchased a spring set for $20.00 (set of 3 springs). from my understanding the #3 spring should give me a 2 1/2 to 3 pound pull. this was the lightest i could go without honing anything and should be up to my expectations. this should be a HUGE benefit in my shooting coming from a 5 to 5 1/2 pound pull.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: CamoCop
how long did it take you to do this and how easy was it? i don't want to get it apart and not be able to fix it.
i don't remember how long it took me. i think i did it in an afteernoons time. to me it was very easy. there is not much to the trigger on the encores.download the free instructions and take a look at them and see how easy it looks to you.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

X2 Mike is the only way to go if you want the best trigger for your Encore JMHO .He also does accuracy jobs ie: tighter pin among other things .If you send it to him I don't think you will be sorry..............................Alton
Old 07-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i went ahead and bought the springs, so i'm gonna give it a shot. i read through the instructions and it did not seem too dificult. i just get nervous when instructions say "remember this", which they do on several steps.

Quick Reply: Thompson Center Pro Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.