Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless >

Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Iam looking at a weatherby sub MOA stainless in 270wsm have you had or shot one and what didyou think??
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Had one in 300 wsm last year. Shot extremely well. Only change I made to it was change out the trigger for a Timney SS trigger. I was not crazy about the stock. I also had a vanguard ss in 270WSM which shot just as well as the submoa. If I had to do it all over again . I would just buy the 270WSM SS vanguardadd a timney trigger and put it in a bansner stock.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

what didnt you like about the stock??
I thought the triggers were adjustable?? Why didnt you like it??
+
Old 05-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not certain but I believe the sub moa esp the stainless.....will cost you what you can get a MK V for, ie the synthetic mk V, or even fibermark, though they don't come in the WSM's....

They do come in non weatherby cartridges though too, just not the WSM's, something to possibly consider....for that price....

Old 05-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

what didnt you like about the stock??
I thought the triggers were adjustable?? Why didnt you like it??
The stock is a little full for my hands is the best way I can describe it, feels clubby. The trigger is adjustable if your trigger has a lot of creep and you try to remove it(sear engagement) if you go to far you'll make the safety inoperable. That involves taking the trigger apart and making small adjustments to trigger until you get the sear the way you want it. I went the Timney route. Your results may vary. BTW you'll outshoot any MK V using the same cartridge.

I'm not certain but I believe the sub moa esp the stainless.....will cost you what you can get a MK V for, ie the synthetic mk V, or even fibermark, though they don't come in the WSM's....

They do come in non weatherby cartridges though too, just not the WSM's, something to possibly consider....for that price....
They come in both Weatherby cartridges(.257 and 300 wthby) as well as a long list of standard and magnumcartridges, they might even bring it out in 270 Wthby next year. I paid 750 for my SubMOA . Can you buy a Weatherby MK V for that amount with the fibermark stock? Again posting on something you have no idea about.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

$750 for a sub moa stainless? let's just say on avg it'll cost you $800. You can get a MK V synthetic for $1000, not a big difference. Fibermark will cost you closer to $1200.

So sure you can get .270wsm, .257wby, .300wby in a Vanguard....

or you can get whatever in a MKV synthetic....except the WSM's.

olkelk you have alot of nerve to keep spectulating on what I know or don't know, and here you clearly are uninformed once again. The point of my comment was for that price, $750 or 800, for an extra $200 you can get a MK V in any wby cartridge as well as many others. Point made.

Maybe you should think harder before you are quick to dispute what I say. Course maybe to you $800 vs $1000 is a big deal, to me, it's the same ball park.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

olkelk you have alot of nerve to keep spectulating on what I know or don't know, and here you clearly are uninformed once again. The point of my comment was for that price, $750 or 800, for an extra $200 you can get a MK V in any wby cartridge as well as many others. Point made.

Maybe you should think harder before you are quick to dispute what I say. Course maybe to you $800 vs $1000 is a big deal, to me, it's the same ball park.
Watch out now you'll hurt my feelings. I don't have to speculate on your firearm knowledge , it is pretty obious what you do and don't know. I don't have to do a google search when someone wants an answer to something if I know the answer I tell them what I know and if I don't then I don't bother answering someones post.You see the difference between you and I is I have owned every Weatherby MkV you havelisted and a few Vanguards including the SUBMOA which makes me imminently more knowledgeable on the subject don't you think? I don't knoweverything about guns but what I know I will share.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:18 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

$750 for a sub moa stainless? let's just say on avg it'll cost you $800. You can get a MK V synthetic for $1000, not a big difference. Fibermark will cost you closer to $1200.

So sure you can get .270wsm, .257wby, .300wby in a Vanguard....

or you can get whatever in a MKV synthetic....except the WSM's.

I thought you said on many occassions that you were in your teens have don't have that many guns? Man, I have seen you give advise on so many guns that you don't even own. You even give advise on calibers you have never shot.

I know for sure, he has you pegged right.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

It's alright fellas, every time I try to ask him questions about his experience, or his age, he always dodges me. It's fairly obvious that he has no idea what he is talking about, and that he has learned most of these things by reading up on the internet, as opposed to actually experiencing them. He isn't fooling anybody, I'm just glad i am not the only one who can see through his BS
Old 05-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

One of the guys I work with has a SUBMOA in .257 Weatherby. He speaks very highly of it...

Quick Reply: Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.