Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

gun value?

Old 02-23-2003, 04:56 PM

Default gun value?

Guys I need your help. I own a winchester model 1890 22 rifle. I did some research on it and the gun book I used describes 3 different versions of the rifle.

Version 1 has a case hardened finish, octagon barrel, solid frame, fixed rear sight, and concealed locking lugs. 15,552 were made.
Version 3 has a blued finish, octagon barrel, takedown frame, and adjustable rear sight. The serial numbers on this version are 325,251-853,000.

I always thought I had a version 1. It is case hardened, has a solid frame, and a fixed rear sight. The problem is the serial number is 338,338.

The difference in value is about $5,000, so I would like to know what the gun is worth. Is there any way it is a version 1 dispite the serial number? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:56 PM

Default RE: gun value?

you mit wont to call winchester on that one thay sould be abel to tell you sorry Im no help