Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 To buy now, or not to buy now. >

To buy now, or not to buy now.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

To buy now, or not to buy now.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default To buy now, or not to buy now.

I was talking to aman who knows a great deal about economics about purchasing firearms. He told me to wait awhile that prices will go down due to supply and demand. I told him many people seem to be buying more firearms due to the Presidental Election. What do you folks think? Thanks.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To buy now, or not to buy now.

Just like real estate, gun prices always go up. The longer you wait, the more you end up paying.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think I have ever seen gun prices go down!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are many examples of gun prices going up, and then back down. IMO prices are at a premium right now, and who wins the election may dictate the future prices of firearms.

Examples are the so called "Assault Rifles", when the ban was originally signed. High capacity pistol's, went way up, then came back down. Winchester rifles went way up after the plant shut down, but know they are coming back down.

I tried to buy a S&W M&P 40 caliber last month(during the $50 rebate). I saw several places listing them for $469, but nobody had them. All the people who had them wanted $549 or more. These prices will now come down.

Over a long period of time gun prices normally appreciate. But I think over short periods of thime there can be large fluctuations. Tom.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want it buy it now. Prices just keep climbing. Real Estate does fluctuate not to mention gas prices..Guns as a rule just keep going up.They do run rebates now and then if you're lucky enough to catch one at the right time.Hey life is short and you only go around once.If you want it buy it.A couple bucks one way or another won't make you or break you.

[/align]
[/align]