Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 how do you clean your BAR? >

how do you clean your BAR?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how do you clean your BAR?

Old 02-20-2003, 03:55 AM

Default how do you clean your BAR?

would like to know from your experience how you clean your BAR' s?what do you use for a lubricant if any..

i totally dismantled the gun. wiped down the entire reciever and gas system. and put a small amount or rem dri-lube on the trigger assembly and the action in the recicver itself.
for the gas system.. i just wiped her down.
from past experience. i found after shooting sei' s that the gunk that i could not get re-appears in the action.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how do you clean your BAR?

if you stripped down the piston assembly you need to clean that out with cleaner and leave as is. I would rather use Break Free CLP over Remoil. You are going to have to get a Dewey rod or equivalent to clean that bore since there is a real lack of bore guides available for it. Follow the break in on that Rifle also 50 rounds and clean between each round...I called Brownings 800 number and the engineer I spoke to told me that they usually broke in nicely after about 50 rounds and shot their best...ignore group size until you get there. As far as solvent goes use whatever is convenient but avoid anything real corrosive since it will be bleeding into the gas system and then follow it up with a quality gun oil not Remoil.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:34 PM

thanx.

i do have some clp and will try it.what is a dewey rod?is it something that makes it easier to not hit the crown?
Old 02-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Plastic coated cleaning rod...best on market...available from www.midwayusa.com, www.brownells.com or sinclair international.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

First I move all the ash trays and coasters to the side. Then woops! wrong bar. LOL