Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 BAD LUCK stupid trigger lock >

BAD LUCK stupid trigger lock

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BAD LUCK stupid trigger lock

Old 02-18-2003, 02:02 PM

Default BAD LUCK stupid trigger lock

Went pig hunting this weeked and drove 3hours north to find out that I forgot the key to my trigger lock on my 270. Well luckily I was able to take the trigger guard off and make a temporary triggher guard out of a spoon. I dont think I will ever use use that trigger lock again.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BAD LUCK stupid trigger lock

one way to avoid that again is to put a spare key in your wallet.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

So much for trigger locks. Ha Ha!!
Old 02-19-2003, 12:04 AM

One way to avoid that is to avoid Remington' s in general.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:10 AM

i had the same problem with a trigger lock 3 years ago. but i did not cut the trigger guard. i think they are follish unless that is your only means of locking your guns. i buy all the same trigger locks for my guns so if i loose a key or two i have spares.
make some copies and leave them in your wallet, and your truck.
did you cut the trigger guard to get it off?
Old 02-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

The moron who used to be the governor of Maryland, as rabidly anti-gun a dufus as has ever been elected to high office (Yeah, as bad as Bill or Hillary), was advocating trigger locks about a year ago. He was going to show people how easy it is to unlock your handgun if you need it in a hurry. He made the mistake of conducting his demonstration on live TV. He should have practiced some beforehand, because he couldn' t get the damn thing off of his gun!!! I laughed like hell for at least five minutes!! But, do you think his difficulties made him rethink his position? Gimme a break!![X(][:-]
Old 02-19-2003, 12:15 PM

I assume you had the lock on for safty reasons.
put under the buttplate of the guns that have locks and then at least you can hunt.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off, I don' t never use trigger locks cuz it only keeps the gun from firing because it blocks the trigger, and not very well in many cases, I' ve had friends demonstrate that they can get several versions of triggerlocks to fire simply by bumping them correctly...odds you drop them and they get bumped that way are probably low, but I' d rather have somethin that' s keeping my entire action from functioning, I use cable locks or blocklocks in all of my guns. More often than not in some of them, I take the firing pin out and store it with them when on a trip rather than lock them up. That way they can' t be dropped and fired in case I do forget to completely unload (not likely but possible) and I won' t forget a key!

For my cable locks, I do like whoever said, keep a spare in my wallet, plus I always keep my gunlock keys on my everyday keychain, so if I forget my gunkeys, that' s the least of my worries, cuz I' ll have to find a way into my house and truck at some point!
Old 02-19-2003, 02:20 PM

I' ve seen it done, where someone has forgotten a key, used a flat/straight screwdriver as a lever between the lock and trigger quard and released the mechanism.

I have never tried it myself but I' ve seen it done.

Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 PM

I was there the same day with Chuck, I brought MRE" s with me and he conplain the hole way up north about bringing them because we or not going to eat them, but I kept telling him they or life savers, well we never used them to eat, but we used the spoon to make a trigger gaurd that worked for the two days we were up there, and used the matches to make a fire. so I always will remind him of that hunting trip and how i came ready. Also got really bad posion oak all over my face and other important areas. Hunting trips or a lot safer and fun when you have a hunting partner. I had a good time and cant wait to go back up and shoot some pigs

Quick Reply: BAD LUCK stupid trigger lock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.