Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Mossberg Rifles >

Mossberg Rifles

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mossberg Rifles

Old 04-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Mossberg Rifles

Does anybody have any hands on experience with the 100 ATR or the 4x4 rifles from Mossberg? Looking at buying a new gun and looking for any info(good or bad) on these guns.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Mossberg Rifles

My dad use to have the Mossberg 4X4 package deal in 300 Win mag and 30/06 Both are FiNe guns but mite want to replace the ring cause the ones on there can't handle the recoil that about all u gotta doand this package deal was 612.34 it was laminated/Stainless came with a silver finish scope but crappy rings
Old 04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

I read some good articles about them although i have never shot or handled them. I don't think of myself as some kind of elitist or rifle snob, but I must say the 4x4 is about the ugliest rifle i have ever seen, haha. Good looks are subjective, and i guess really not that important in a rifle, as long as it shoots straight.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:06 PM

Bought one as a Christmas gift for a boy. He has taken it out and shot it. Said it was great. Said it was accurate. I got him the .270 synthetic / marinecoat. It may not be the most expensive rifle on the market, but for the money it is the best buy out there, and it has gotten excellent reviews in the shooting and gun magazines. I also have not seen anything really bad about it on any message boards. I am sure that a dead deer will not care what kind of rifle it was shot with.

God bless

MET

Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a friend with the ATR 30-06 and another with the 4x4 30-06 and both love there rifles. They both shoot very accurate and do the job they were made to do very effecientlly.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:49 AM

I have looked at them in the gun shop and they seem pretty nice for the money. I'm no gunsmith though. I have not shot one however. I can say that I belong to more than a few gun forums and have actually done a search on these rifles and I have never heard anything bad about them.

Normally when you don't hear much about a product that is a good thing. Most people don't speak up unless they want to bitch about something. If people were talking trash about them it would show up on a search. Do a search for the Remington 710 then one on the stevens and then another on the mossbergs. You will see what I mean. You will see some people defending the 710, but you will also see plenty saying what a piece of crap it is. You will find very little if any bad press on the stevens and mossberg guns.

If you get one let us know how you like it.

Paul
Old 04-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard good things about them from other forums..
Old 04-02-2008, 12:49 PM

I own an ATR 100 in .270, black synthetic with the flat black bluing. Mine shoots pretty good, a lot of people claim MOA, I don't think mine shoots quit 1" MOA, but I haven't gotten to shoot 100yds with a nice quality rest and I haven't been shooting long.

It definently shoots well, I like the recoil pad, the .270 doesn't make my shoulder sore at all. No mal-functions to speak of, I'v only shot about 60 rounds through it so far.

I bought it to hunt deer with and I suspect it will do quite well. Paid 249 at wal-mart for it with no scope.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havean old Mossberg rifle and it is well made. It is not the fanciest gun around bit it shoots really well.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info. I heard the ATR was having accuracy problems.

Quick Reply: Mossberg Rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.