HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   HAS ANYONE SHOT A TIKKA In Synthetic,Laminated,Deluxe or hunter Thinking Of Buying one (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/235811-has-anyone-shot-tikka-synthetic-laminated-deluxe-hunter-thinking-buying-one.html)

Retaks 03-05-2008 11:35 AM

RE: HAS ANYONE SHOT A TIKKA In Synthetic,Laminated,Deluxe or hunter Thinking Of Buying one

IM not into rifles with a muzzle break on them. If you cant handle that much recoil and need a muzzle break then get a smaller gun. A 243 will kill a deer justas dead as a 300 WSM or 375 H&H.

stalkingbear 03-05-2008 12:20 PM

RE: HAS ANYONE SHOT A TIKKA In Synthetic,Laminated,Deluxe or hunter Thinking Of Buying one

I wouldn't shy away from the boss simply due to excessive noise because you can get the solid "cr" piece for the boss,but if you have the cr module on,it won't decrease recoil.

sabotloader 03-05-2008 12:50 PM

ox1443

I have a TK3 lite in 300 win mag - Outstanding excellent gun and excellent shooter... I would not even consider the short mag - the orginal is the best + the ammo is a lot easier to find and less expensive...

cjwink 03-05-2008 02:45 PM

Had one in 270WSM.. I gave it to my cousin (just didn't like the long barrell on it) He has it now.. I really liked it though..

starhunter21 03-05-2008 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: ox1443

The Tikka laminated stock in 300 win mag fit me jsut fine it was awesome but i want a 300 WSM so i think im gonna get a Browning With boss in 300 wsm thanxs alot guys

Not to be a smart @ss but if you like the Tikka laminated stock and you want a 300WSM, why not get a Tikka Laminated stock in 300WSM?

ox1443 03-05-2008 04:25 PM

Casue the thing is to expensive but i think i will convince my dad on buying one for me because i just think the 300 Win Mag is a little bit to much for me so my dads friend has a 300 WSM in the sub moa Vangard or somthign it's a wheatherby and i shot it loved it but i hate that the wheatherbys are top loading so i mite get my dad to buy that lam/stainless and mount some nice glass on it

Retaks 03-05-2008 04:29 PM

If you have shot a 300 WSM before why are you worried about it? If the gun fits you then the recoil wont be bad. As for the 300 Win Mag being too much. If a 300 Win Mag is too much then a 300 WSM should be too much. They are close to exactly the same.

ox1443 03-05-2008 04:32 PM

haha not to me i shot the exact same gun's 300 WSM and 300 Win Mag in Wheatherby Vangaurd and the 300 Win Mag had more bite to it but the 300 WSM had bark u no what im saying??