HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   HAS ANYONE SHOT A TIKKA In Synthetic,Laminated,Deluxe or hunter Thinking Of Buying one (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/235811-has-anyone-shot-tikka-synthetic-laminated-deluxe-hunter-thinking-buying-one.html)

ox1443 03-04-2008 05:25 PM

HAS ANYONE SHOT A TIKKA In Synthetic,Laminated,Deluxe or hunter Thinking Of Buying one

Ok i just need some info on some tikka's in thinking of buying one but dont no the weight and how well they are in quality and what not

Retaks 03-04-2008 05:48 PM

RE: HAS ANYONE SHOT A TIKKA In Synthetic,Laminated,Deluxe or hunter Thinking Of Buying one

I have a Tikika T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSMand love it. I plan on getting a few more Tikkas in the near future. I want a 338 Win Mag in a Stainless model and a 243 in a Varmint model. The trigger is great on mine. It shoots jsut over 1in outside to outside with 180gr Winchester Super-X Power Points. I havnt tryed any other ammo in it yet.

ox1443 03-04-2008 05:50 PM

RE: HAS ANYONE SHOT A TIKKA In Synthetic,Laminated,Deluxe or hunter Thinking Of Buying one

oh ok is the recoil intense like im 13 so how long u think i could prolley shoot it alot of people are saying that tikka's kick harder then a browning a-bolt but in this case i em getting a 300 WSM and i would like to no mroe about the gun can u help me out Retaks????

starhunter21 03-04-2008 07:02 PM

OK I'll bite www.berettausa.com has all the specs on the rifle(s) in question. 300WSM if it does not fit you like a glove is gonna knock you on your @ss, your gonna flinch, and get gun shy very quickly. Buy a T3 lite in a non-mag and get happy.

2eagles 03-04-2008 07:45 PM

Any gun that doesn't fit you will kick like that mule. If the T3 fits, consider a 7mm Rem Mag. That way you can start with the reduced recoil loads and when you're ready shoot the regular loads. My Tikka in 7mm maggroups under an inch at 100 yards with cheap Federal loads. There's nothing a 7 can't handle except big bears. Mine is stainless and synthetic with a Bushnell 3200 Elite. (It may be for sale.)

biscuit jake 03-04-2008 08:09 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Stock and fit mean alot. I am not real crazy about light rifles in high power calibers in general though.

skeeter 7MM 03-04-2008 09:22 PM

T3 Lite and Lite SS are 6lbs 6oz
T3 Lam & Deluxeare 7lbs 12 oz
T3 Hunters are 6lb 13oz

The heavier guns will reduce recoil BUT only if they fit you well. As mentioned if the rifle doesn't fit you well felt recoil will be increased. For the last time the only way to select a gun or model is by handling and shoulder it, anything else is a guess!!

Retaks 03-05-2008 04:27 AM

It all matters on how the gun fits you. Mine fits me well so the recoil dosnt bother me. I can shoot more 300 WSM rounds comfortably then i can 270 rounds out of my Remington 7400. My dad on the other hand only shot 2 rounds out ofmy Tikka and will never shoot it again but he shoots a Remington 7600 all day with no problem but that guns starts to bother me after 30-40 rounds. Its all on how the gun fits you. I started with a 30-06 at 14. I believe a 7mm-08 or 25-06 would have been alot better choices for me then since i only hunted deer but i didnt know much about guns. If your only hunting deer look into a 25-06, 7mm-08, 270. If you hunt bigger game like Elk then you might want toi step it up to a 308, 30-06, 7mm Mag and put a good recoil pad on the gun you get.

ox1443 03-05-2008 07:24 AM

The Tikkalaminated stock in 300 win mag fit me jsut fine it was awesome but i want a 300 WSM so i think im gonna get a Browning With boss in 300 wsm thanxs alot guys

ShatoDavis 03-05-2008 10:03 AM

Ox,

One last attempt at reason. If the Tikka fits well get it, if the Browning fits you well get it. If you want a 300 WSM by all means get it. I dislike the Boss or any other brake systems due to the noise. You can get the friend of the family you spoke of who reloads to load you some "light" recoil loads. Then when you grow up and want the hotter loads you can load them up.