Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ruger 10/22 full auto? >

ruger 10/22 full auto?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ruger 10/22 full auto?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ruger 10/22 full auto?

I think giving this kid the right info, which was done, was the right way to go! Though haven't we all dreamed of converting something to full auto. Even though we know how stupid it is.

I know I have.

Cut the kid some slack.

Tom
Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 AM
bigcountry

you know, the more I think about it. Looks fun. Probably destroy a nice 22, but looks very cool on that guys page gunrunners

Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

i know a guy that had a fully custom 10/22...it WAS fully automatic full supressed and fully legal. he was a big gun guru...you name it he probably owned 2 of them lol..

that 10/22 was probably the funnest gun i have ever fired...and ive fired ALOT of fully automatic and suppressed weapons etc...i knew a couple guys like that guy..all have money and love guns and i got to shoot alot of toys..

i remember the gun never jammed...there was 2 of us shooting and when one was empty the other one threw in the magazine and went to town while the other one grabbed another mag...it was a blast...speaking of magazines, im pretty sure he only used certain magaznes with a certain spring or design to keep up with the fully automatic fire..cant remember just know my buddy wanted to empty his regular mags and the guy told him not to bother...

dont know where to get the parts...but its a blast..and makes a cheap to shoot fully automatic weapon! thats the best part is a couple bricks of 22 shells will last a long while and be fairly cheap...dont even know where i could find the guy to ask him..havent seen him in years..
Old 03-03-2008, 01:59 PM

i mean i was just wondering if it would be real hard to do it but i might just get that crank thing for some fun. i dont understand why everyone is getting pissed off about this question i was just asking a question but thanks for the info.
if i use the bmf activator will that screw up the firing pin like the full auto would?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing that will screw up the firing pin is firing the gun, which if you use the BMF activator you are going to be doing a heck of a lot more of.

I've see a few full auto .22s in my life. Coolest ones are the Tippmans.... scale mock-downs of WW1/2 machine guns. They made a 1917 watercooled and a 1919 both in .22 LR.... belt fed... had a canvas belt that you fed the cases through. Not very accurate, but for a full auto gun its pretty cheap to shoot! They also did a Browning M2 scaled down and chambered in .22 Mag.

I got to shoot a 1919, had a mini ammo can, small violin type carrying case... very very cool. Damn things are very expensive though....

Heck I even found a picture of one:

Tippman 1919 .22 LR Machine Gun

Here is one that is similar... only in .17 HM2.... don't blink... this 5 second video clip has an ammo bill of about $10.......

17 Mach2 Mini Machine Gun

Click on the video-clip link to see the movie.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well, I messed around with my sear once trying to make it lighter, and made the 10/22 full auto until it jammed. I ended up havin to buy a new titanium sear anyway. Which was cool

If you haven't already thrown that old sear away, now would be a good time.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:47 PM

why will the bmf activator screw up ur gun?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The activator won't screw up your rifle as all it's doing is simply allowing you to fire it faster while still in semiautomatic mode. If you use it a LOT and rapidly shoot hundreds of rounds at a time,you'll accelerate wear however.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't read through all the posts so if this has been said, I aplogize.

As you cannot manufacture any new full auto firearm for civilian use you'd need to purchase a 10/22 reciever already registered as such. I do believe there were some full auto trigger assemblies around a few years ago that were commanding upwards up $10K.

I did see it mentioned and I gotta ask again myself...you're concerned about the extra $40 for a new 10/22 compared to the marlin adn now you're thinking going Clas III. AT a minimum you've got the $200 tax stamp and that's without any firearm yet. Minimum you'd have $1500 in a cheap crappy POS Uzi-likething. of course being 16 eliminates the whole probability anyways.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont don't get the allure of super rapid firing. maybe it's me but I prefer carefully aimed fire so that I'm much more certain I'm aimng and hiting my target. The whole spray and pray thing...waste of time and ammo I think.

Quick Reply: ruger 10/22 full auto?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.