Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage >

Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 AM

Default Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

Im buying a new rifle i was just at the gun shop i was looking at a Tikka T3 Stainless And laminated but it was $950 and i was looking at buying a Browning Composite stalker but i want one that is at least 7 pounds but there nothing out there casue the heavier it is the less it kicks im buying a 300 WSM and i jsut don't no what to pick or either i mite get a 300 in that savage deal the one with the scope sling swivels and detachable magazine i wan't somthign with detachable clip to can anyone help me out here.................................My Budget Is Under 800
Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 AM

Default RE: Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

I would buy the Browning. Have several of them and no problems at all.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:17 AM

But Would that compaosite stalker kick more than a tikka or Savage??
Old 03-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

A 300 is gonna kick hard, any of them. I vote for browning as well, but the tikka will likely shoot a little more accurate. What about a 270?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Tikka T3 Lite in 25-06 so my vote goes to the Tikka. I owned a Savage in 270 WSMand have shot some Brownings butprefer theTikka. However when it comes to the price you have been quoted, it looks like your dealer is trying to bend you over the ol' barrel.If you look aroundthere is a Tikka T3 Laminate Stainless in 300 WSM for $685 plus $20 for shipping on Gunbroker.

http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=93337521

Bud's Gun Shop also lists the MAPprice(minimum advertised price)for the same gun as $778.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/36_445/sort/3a/page/2
Old 03-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

A 300 is gonna kick hard, any of them. I vote for browning as well, but the tikka will likely shoot a little more accurate.
I haven't seen a Tikka yet that will outshoot an Abolt..they may exist but I haven't seen them.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

I've only found one load for my abolt that will shoot sub moa, and I probably spent as much on different ammo as I did the rifle. Hornady light mags shot around 3/4", everything else shot 1 1/4" to 1 1/2". I dont have a tikka, but every report I hear about them says they are great shooters, just not that nice of a rifle IMO.

On second thought, I did shoot a 3/8" 4 shot group today with my savage muzzleloader, they are good shooters too. I still like my a-bolt better for actually hunting with it.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own all 3 rifles you are talking about.

Browning A-Bolt all the way.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

A 300 is gonna kick hard, any of them. I vote for browning as well, but the tikka will likely shoot a little more accurate.
I haven't seen a Tikka yet that will outshoot an Abolt..they may exist but I haven't seen them.

My experience, atleast locally, has been the opposite of yours. I have not found an A-Bolt that will outshootthe Tikka. That was my main reason for picking up a T3 instead of the A-Bolt.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the same boat as oldelk. I haen't found a Tikka yet that will outshoot an A-Bolt.

Quick Reply: Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.