Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington Model 710 In 7mm Rem Mag >

Remington Model 710 In 7mm Rem Mag

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Model 710 In 7mm Rem Mag

Old 02-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Default RE: Remington Model 710 In 7mm Rem Mag

I got one when they first came out. I only put 100 rounds through it and bolt stop was destroyed, The piece that holds the clip in was broke, It had a recall on the safety, and the plastic sleeve the bolt slides on was worn out so the bolt was very sloppy and got stuck alot. I bought it on sale at Walmart for $200. I sold it for $250 just recently. It sat in the closet and barely got used. The scope on it is ok though. I have it on my beater slug gun. It has never lost zero after being dropped and beat on. It could be more clear though. but all in all DO NOT GET A REMINGTON 710!!!! If you see someone with one just laugh and walk the other way.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 PM

i had one in .243 win and it shot good groups. especially for a piece of junk. after the bolt kept jamming on me, i pawned it off and got a 700 bdl.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 PM

I've heard it referred to as an expensive fence post.. The one or two that I handled were handed back to the salesman almost as fast.. I suppose the "new and improved" model won't be much better.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

i guess its a good thing that i got rid of mine. found a guy that wanted a "good rifle" and thought because it was a remington it was good as gold. bad thing is that i thought the same thing when i bught it. boy was i wrong..
Old 03-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tom W.

I've heard it referred to as an expensive fence post.. The one or two that I handled were handed back to the salesman almost as fast.. I suppose the "new and improved" model won't be much better.
Same thing I did. Couldn't handto back to him fast enough.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

It been called one of the ugliest rifles made and i tend to agree. Personally wouldn't buy one because of the plastic bolt sleeve,no barrel swap, etc. That said the one I have seen shoot pretty well and for the ave. hunter/shooter probably all that is required to last a LONG time. On here you'll find more the enthusiast in the firearm world and the 710/770, etc just don't stack up.

Don't let the package deals fool you, the scope/mounts aren't worth squat so basically consider it a free bee. If you have a 22 you might find a use for it otherwise it is liable to end up in the landfill!

As far as recoil it won't tame it anymore then a 700 well at least IMO it didn't. Ie: I shotthe 710in a 308 win and own a BDL 308win I can't say I noticed any difference in felt recoil between the 2.

I think you'd be much better served with a 700 SPS, they chamber them in a variety of cartsincluding the 7mm rem mag. With different models such as matte blue, SS and DM - all SPS's come with a R3 recoil pad (SIMS).
Old 03-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ox1443

Does anybody own a Remington model 710 in 7mm Rem Mag i was watching a video on you tube and this guy got a model 710 in 7mm Rem Mag one of those scope deals or what ever and the thing doesn't even kick so im wondering if anyone has one so they could tell me how they are
Those clunkers are pure junk! There is no way one of those turkeys has any less recoil in 7mm Rem. Mag. than any other rifle of the same weight chambered for the same round!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:05 PM

I hear nothing good about them on this website, but on a few others I hear a few people say they like them for the money. They got a remington for a decent price and it works well enough for them.

I have looked at them and read some articles, reviews and talked to few that have owned them. I personally would not buy one for what they cost. There are better rifles for less money. You can get a stevens or Mossberg guns for the same or less money and they are much better guns. And in some cases you can get a Savage or Howa for what the 710's are going for. The Howa is a MUCH better gun than the 710 in my opinion. I believe it is pretty much Japenese made 700 action.

And then you have the used market. When I was looking at guns around Christmas time I found a really nice Browing in 7mm mag with the Boss system, laminated stock and in stainless steel for under $600. I came really close to getting it, but I have no need for a gun that big. I was thinking more like 22-250 or .243. I ended up getting a savage .243. Had that been a 7mm, 7mm-08, .308, 270 or 25-06 or anything smaller I would have put a deposit on it the minute I saw it.

If your patient or lucky enough you can get some great deals on used guns, and they are just as good as a new one if they were taken care of, sometimes better. Some of the older models were better than the new ones. Some of these new safety features don't impress me much. And if you like auctions they are an awesome place to get guns, or estate sales sometimes.

Paul
Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

First of all, I would consider myself a Remington man. But this gun is a different story. I have never owned a 710 but I am very familiar with my neighbour's 30-06. The bolt has to be worst I have ever seen. Follow up shots were almost unthinkable. We bought a shooting bench this summer and two shots with the 710 and the trigger guard broke. Cheaply made gun. He ended up giving it away for a case of beer to a mutual friend who will maybe fire off 10 rounds a year max. Invest a little bit more money and you will get much more gun elsewhere.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-03-2008, 04:43 PM

You couldn't give me a 710. Junk. Not much more to say than that . . .

Quick Reply: Remington Model 710 In 7mm Rem Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.