Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tracer Fun

Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tracer Fun

I just got my order of tracers for my 223 today. So this evening, we decided to go play with them a lil bit. I found out you could see 'em for over 1/2 mile, and they don't shoot the same as my 52gr HPs that I've been shooting.

Here are some action shots: I'm shooting jackrabbits in these pictures if you look close you can see them. None of them dropped on the spot.

An old light pole on my property:

An old grain auger on my property:

Old 02-19-2008, 03:35 AM

Default RE: Tracer Fun

I dont know how true this is but i was told that you are only saposed to load a tracer round every 3 or 4 rounds. It was because the buring flame will heat the barrle up alot more quickly then a regular bullet and they foul the barel up alot more. I dont know how true this is and if you only shooting a shot every once and a whyle i dont see a problem.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

It might not be such a problem with 5.56mm, but tracers start fires! So watch out where they go. We used to spend quite a lot of time on the MG ranges putting out fires started by tracers!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

I just triedsome 64 gr tracers in my AR as well.Military friend said they will burn for approximately900 meters. Sounds like your right on track. 800M=1/2 mile.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 PM

I was told that about a 5.56. I forgot to add on my first post that looks like alot of fun.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not real sure I guess. I have a chrome lined bore, so I'm not too worried about it. As soon as my new upper arrives, this gun is getting turned into a play toy. Its going to get a 4 rail handguard, a vertical grip, put my EOTech back on it, also a Magpul collapsible stock, different flash hider, and maybe a suppressor.....
Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use them once in awhile,one every 5th round.....fun but expencive..
Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics. That looks like loads of fun.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I dont know how true this is but i was told that you are only saposed to load a tracer round every 3 or 4 rounds. It was because the buring flame will heat the barrle up alot more quickly then a regular bullet and they foul the barel up alot more. I dont know how true this is and if you only shooting a shot every once and a whyle i dont see a problem.

Thats typically for fully automatic weapons.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way cool!

Quick Reply: Tracer Fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.