Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 carrying a long gun in the truck >

carrying a long gun in the truck

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

carrying a long gun in the truck

Old 02-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default carrying a long gun in the truck

OK if you wanted to carry a long gun shotgun or rifle.
In your truck for defense what would the best way to carry it where it was quick to grab but not to easy to see.
but also would not get you in trouble for any CC issues also can you can a shotgun behind your seat either loaded or unloaded with out a ccp
Old 02-18-2008, 04:07 PM

Default RE: carrying a long gun in the truck

Well here in MA any long gun in your truck can not be loaded and has to be locked and in your control at all times. But with a class A pistal permit you can carry a pistol concealed go figure.They just make all the laws so confusing to try and trap people.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

where would i find the info for indiana
i got to the gun laws on nra.com but i did not see where it says anything about carrying a longgun
Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best truck gun I have for self protection is an UZI with a folding stock. UZI has a great little case where the rifle is held in by two velcro straps. I keep mine loaded with a 30 rounder. I have three 30-rounder's in the additional pockets. Iknow what you guy's are thinking about the spring's, but I rotate the magazines all the time, and it is pretty cheap to rip off a couple hundred rounds of 9mm.

I keep it right behind the seat in my extended cab F-150. It is always about 12 inches away from my right hand at all times. I takes me just a few seconds to get it out of the case.

I only had to bring it out one time in my life. I ran into three Rednecks just above the Cumberland Lake Dam in Kentucky. I ripped off one clip in the air. That was all it took. Tom.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001
I only had to bring it out one time in my life. I ran into three Rednecks just above the Cumberland Lake Dam in Kentucky. I ripped off one clip in the air. That was all it took.
May i just say BAMF
Old 02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i lived in burkesville ky (near dale hollow) and corbin i never went out in ky without a gun

The best truck gun I have for self protection is an UZI with a folding stock. UZI has a great little case where the rifle is held in by two velcro straps. I keep mine loaded with a 30 rounder. I have three 30-rounder's in the additional pockets. Iknow what you guy's are thinking about the spring's, but I rotate the magazines all the time, and it is pretty cheap to rip off a couple hundred rounds of 9mm.

I keep it right behind the seat in my extended cab F-150. It is always about 12 inches away from my right hand at all times. I takes me just a few seconds to get it out of the case.

I only had to bring it out one time in my life. I ran into three Rednecks just above the Cumberland Lake Dam in Kentucky. I ripped off one clip in the air. That was all it took. Tom.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

to have a uzi and have it loaded don't you need a ccp which i do not want to have to go through all the crap to get it

Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

also i knew a guy in corbin that had some guys(which came out to be cooking meth)
would rip there tires when going by his house all the time
one time he walks out with a 9mm pistol unloadeds a mag into the ground out his back door
they ran off and never did it again

Old 02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

also could you carry the loaded long gun in a truck behind the seat not in the window but behind the seat
with out a ccp
Old 02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

At that time I was working for a large gun distributor. And yes I do have the licenses I need. But the simple answer is this.

I would rather be judged by 12, instead of being carried by 6.

I have never been in any trouble in my entire life, and I consider myself to be a very respectful person. But I will admit that I will only take so much.

By the way. There sure is some great fishing in the Burkesville area. Small mouth capital of the south, IMO. Tom.

Quick Reply: carrying a long gun in the truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.