Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Stoeger Condo >

Stoeger Condo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stoeger Condo

Old 02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Spike

Default Stoeger Condo

any one have any experience with these? looks like a decent gun at a good price. looking to get it for shooting trap and an occasional pheasant hunt.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stoeger Condo

Stoegur makes good guns.. And for the most part O/U will be more reliable than Autos because they have less moving parts.. However to me the allure of an O/U is the beauty of the gun and you won't get the fit and finish in the lower priced O/U than you do in the higher priced ones..
Old 02-18-2008, 03:41 PM

Stoeger, Franchi, Uberti, Benelli. All same company. Benelli owns em would be more appropriate. Stoeger is Benelli's lower/entry level line up. Franchi falls in the middle. Allthough Franchi has some very nice looking guns.
Stoeger is a very good gun. Absolutely nothing wrong with em. They don't make a "trap gun" per se. Not like Benelli or Berretta or Browning, etc. They do make various O/U models that would make a great place to start if you wanted to control your initial outlay of cash. Just understand, they are not designed soley for trap shooting. Just a quality O/U at a good price.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

A rem 870 will last you untill you can afford a better o/u, then another 100 years. The stoegermight last untill you can afford a better o/u if you just shoot a few cases a year.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: hossdaniels

The stoegermight last untill you can afford a better o/u if you just shoot a few cases a year.
And you base this opinion on what exactly? I bought a condor as a cheap shotgun and have been impressed. I learned with an old O/U and retuning to one has helped me. It all truthfulness I have been looking at cheap O/U’s for a while. The condor seems to be pretty well made. The fit of the wood and metal finishes are far better that the cost of the gun would lead you to believe.

mello
Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM

It should last the avearage hunter, but I wouldn't count on it holding up to extended trap shooting. I've seen far too many cheap over and unders die on the skeet and trap range. They just don't have the quality to put in thousands of rounds like the better made guns.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM

The Stoeger Condor Competition over & under target gun,,, there in my price rang so I bought one and love it so far,,,I got the combo that comes with both barrels,, it has lots of exstras,,Condor Competition features an adjustable comb stock with palm swells in both left-and right-hand stocks in either 12- or 20-gauge, ported barrels, gold selective trigger, and automatic ejectors,, oh and it has 30" barrels great gun for the price!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

Mello, I based it on a friend who bought one and had it break TWICE before it even had 1500 rounds. He sold it and bought a old beat up citori, and has not even had a hiccup. Well over2000 rounds with it, and no telling how many shots before he got it. It looked pretty well worn. Most O/U's cost $1500 for a plain jane version, are you telling me stoeger built one for $300 and didn't take any shortcuts?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Darn totoing they take short cuts compared to a high dollar gun. The fit and finish is atrocious compared to the high dollar guns but, better than their price would indicate. The actions are stiff, safety is stiff, non selective trigger, most with extractors not ejectors, poor attachment of butt pad, etc… But for $225 on sale a *ick’s it is a steal. Cjp161 can get one and if he really loves trap the he can save up for a nice gun and still have the stoger and not be afraid to hunt with it. I’ll use my stoger as a boat paddle if I haft to. I would hate to take a nice O/U into a swamp or something like that.

mello