Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 The new Barnes Bullet >

The new Barnes Bullet

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The new Barnes Bullet

Old 02-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The new Barnes Bullet

Has anybody handled the new Barnes bullet's yet. I saw a chart that had the new bullet's listed. My dealer (who is a friend) told me the wholesale price was going to be $48 for 20 bullets. Can you believe that??? I guess Barnes is new and improved every year. The bullets were pretty in the picture. I do not remember for sure, but I think the name was MRX??? The bullet looks exactly like the LR bullet that fellow from Africa makes.Tom.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The new Barnes Bullet

Midway has them for 33+ for a box of 50..Great design but nothing over a XP3 but what would one use it on or need it for ?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:54 PM

Yea it looks pretty fancy w/the tungsten filled core and stuff.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

Have some of the MRX's in 7mm, .308 and .338 on hand.. I have only shot the 225 gr .338 MRX so far ina 338 Lapua and with good results out to 500 yds on paper.
They are pretty priceyand only come in boxes of 20 that I am aware of. Definatelynot an everyday plinking bullet.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:44 AM

I dont see why theya re selling them for $48 a box of 20. I got a box of Federal ammo for my 300 WSM witht eh Barnes MRX for $58 a box.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are no doubt good bullets. But I'd be willing to bet that they won't kill ANYTHING any better or faster than a good old Nosler Partition............
Old 02-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont see why theya re selling them for $48 a box of 20
In some if not all of California, bullets that contain lead cannot be used for hunting. Barnes is the biggest player in all copper bullets so they can pretty much set their price and people will pay it if they want to hunt in cali.

But I'd be willing to bet that they won't kill ANYTHING any better or faster than a good old Nosler Partition............

I doubt that you'll ever find a bullet that does a better job than the NP.

A lot of this stuff is just like bass fishing lures- if someone buys it, its already done what its designed to do.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am kinds fed up with Barnes. I liked the original X bullets and bought their new manual just before the discontinued most of the X bullets. I hate to get all set up for their next batch then have them change them right away too. I have nothing against their developing new products but why drop the proven ones that they have been selling. I have pretty much gone back to the Nosler Partition. When push come to shove, its probably one of the best bullets out there. I have had good service from the pain old Hornady bullets as well. Us old guys don't like changing everything every couple years.

BTW I have lots of Crankbaits for sale.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes use to be a bullet almost everyone could afford now they are too expensive!! [:@][:@][:@]Good luck.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

I am kinds fed up with Barnes. I liked the original X bullets and bought their new manual just before the discontinued most of the X bullets. I hate to get all set up for their next batch then have them change them right away too. I have nothing against their developing new products but why drop the proven ones that they have been selling. I have pretty much gone back to the Nosler Partition. When push come to shove, its probably one of the best bullets out there. I have had good service from the pain old Hornady bullets as well. Us old guys don't like changing everything every couple years.

You have basically made the point I was trying to make. Barnes has basically become a marketing driven company. And as well stated above, they are basically trying to reinvent the wheel.

There is no doubt that they have some excellent products. But in WV RAPE is illegal.

As far as California is concerned. I have also heard the same thing as stated above. But my opinion is that we are putting the "FENCE" in the wrong place. We should take the fence from Mexico and put it around California. I am more concerned about Californians getting out into America, than the Mexicans.

Sorry for the rant. Tom.

Quick Reply: The new Barnes Bullet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.