Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Illinois  people I don't know if you seen it >

Illinois people I don't know if you seen it

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Illinois people I don't know if you seen it

Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois people I don't know if you seen it

I saw this link on another site and read it. that is massed up!!!!

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/reload/reload.pl?read=28889
Old 02-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois people I don't know if you seen it

Hope it doesn't pass, esp with all this NIU campus shooting hoopla. How come in politics they don't base decisions on experts? or do they? I mean it seems pretty universal thatus gun guys aren't for gun control, yet everyone else just wants to ban assault weapons, ban hand guns, ban everything gun related. It seems if you don't know about a subject, you get educated, or call someone who knows the topic in depth, and it seems the people who know this subject in depth seem to universally say no gun control, and then on top of it, guys who are carrying illegally, yet get mugged, shoot etc....then get tried for the crime of illegally having a gun. Crazy!
Old 02-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Spike

Default RE: Illinois people I don't know if you seen it

Politicians continue to pass stupid bans on guns and ammunition because most of the public these days who aren't exposed to guns, but rather base their information from the media feel like banning guns is the answer to violent crime.

It is an emotional shield they carry. This allows them to feel safer, without any action on their part, like seeking to be able to arm themselves against the threats that are out there, or for that matter even admitting there is a threat out there.

All gun control measures are based on emotion. Rational, clear thinking people will understand that at no time will criminals submit to these rules. These laws only further ban law abiding citizens from protecting ourselves against the criminals.

In this particular case, the illegal market for ammo will have criminals bringing un-stamped ammo across the border from neighboring states, and using that. Either that or they'll go ahead and steal ammo from law abiding citizens, thereby making them look guilty, at least until they can prove otherwise, at great expense of course.

What we need to do is get politicians reconnected with how things actually are outside the palace. Let's remove them of their ability to bear arms, and their security details, and see how they feel. I guarantee if we held politicians to the same standard, with the same level of protection the rest of us get on a daily basis, they'd change their tune pretty darn quick in regard to firearm restrictions.

You see, when most politicians support measures like this, you can bet your backside they mean for everyone except them.