Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window? >

Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window?

Old 02-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window?

i think most people leave them out of the window because of criminals

two i think if you were in a school zone you might be in trouble

I knew a kid in high school a rural hunting area
that went rabbit hunting and got home late he forgot to take the shotgun out and went to school

Well the cops pulled him out of class.
He got kicked out for 2 week and was not going to be able to come back to school for the year
But with some b*tching from a lawyer they let him back .

Old 02-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Spike

Good observation sjalter,
I too have noticed the changing of the times.
Upto 1980's it was very common to see gun racks on pick up trucks in the suburbs .
I believe the Columbine shootings changed everything coupled withthe Clinton years agressive democrat sponsored anti-gun bills/ campaigns of the 1990's are the primary cause the errosion of the gun culture.
(JUST SAY NO TO HILLARY IN 08')
The urbanization of America is another factor , as more farms and woods yield to the bull dozer so goes the rural culture.
Mayberry is gone forever folks , welcome to the New World Order .

America will never be the same. [:@]

Old 02-18-2008, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

It islegal in my home state but I would never wantonly advertise that I had something like that in the truck/car. Too many nutjobs running around that may try to ruin your day.
I'd rather not give away any advantage I may have to anyone. I'd rather be thought of as the underdog, works for me.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Typical Buck

It's legal in KY to have it in your truck backwindow rack,but now days thats just begging some SOB thats to sorry to work to break your sideglass out and take it.A friend of mine had this happen a couple of years ago at the funeral home,which is right by the court house/police station here in allen co.The gun was never found a rem.700 270cal.that was given to him by his dad.So it's not wise a gun rack behind the seat would have probably prevented this since the theives wouldn't have seen anything vuluable they probably wouldn't have been in his truck.And a firearm in your vehicle on school property, parking lot,bus road,or pickup lanes is the best way I know to get 3 meals a day delivered to you and your cellmates,even in rural towns some prosecuting attourney would have a field day with this and after jail your gun rights would be gone for ever probably even after 7 years and you got your other rights reinstated your gun right's would never be returned.A concealed carry permit wont help on school property law enforcement is disarmed on school grounds here in KY they are allow to lock'em in their cruiser trunk.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:36 PM

A concealed carry permit wont help on school property law enforcement is disarmed on school grounds here in KY they are allow to lock'em in their cruiser trunk.
And we wonder why our schools are getting shot up by kids these days. They're too easy to get in, blast away, and get out in a hurry with no one there to protect our kids.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: idunno

A concealed carry permit wont help on school property law enforcement is disarmed on school grounds here in KY they are allow to lock'em in their cruiser trunk.
And we wonder why our schools are getting shot up by kids these days. They're too easy to get in, blast away, and get out in a hurry with no one there to protect our kids.
I just simply fail to understand why the police are not permitted to carry on school property. Whose idea was that ???
Old 02-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeap all schools should have medal detectors and two armed guards for every 200 students and the principal should be trained and armed
ORIGINAL: idunno

Old 02-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

I agree that a cop in school without a weapon is just another target,but I guess they are afraid of the liability if a student were to somehow get it from him and use it to commit a crime.I don't know with all the latest shootings there may be a change in this soon,it would make sense to me to have them patrol the halls armed,because some of the students do.What the hell is wrong with the world,when I was a kid we traded pocket knifes at recess,we even traded with the teachers and coaches,that would be a suspension and a possible lawsuit now days.What are people teaching their kids?I dont remember any cuttings or anything,I saw a few busted noses and black eyes,but not hundreds of stitches from knives or bullet holes and body bags.Not sure if this is state law or local ordinance,they might be armed in bigger schools here in KY.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

I stand corrected our one uniformed officer in the county high school has patroled the halls for the last two years armed.For several years he was unarmed after he entered the school.I talked to a friends son and he said that they started packing a couple of years ago while he was in school.sorry for false info but it was true three years ago.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

you know i just got thinking the one big city school i went to had them armed in indiana

I also remeber that and another school had a city police office in the school one school had like four cops in the the office
ORIGINAL: coyote#68

I stand corrected our one uniformed officer in the county high school has patroled the halls for the last two years armed.For several years he was unarmed after he entered the school.I talked to a friends son and he said that they started packing a couple of years ago while he was in school.sorry for false info but it was true three years ago.

Quick Reply: Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.