Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Concealed Carry Pistol...... >

Concealed Carry Pistol......

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Concealed Carry Pistol......

Old 02-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Concealed Carry Pistol......

If you were to pick a high quality, concealed carry pistol/revolver, what would it be, and why?

Something that is easily concealable, whether you have on a sweatshirt, t-shirt, etc.

Packs good punch.

Reloads quick if necessary.

Which holster would you choose, and why?

I currently have 2 handguns that I carry on occasion, a Ruger P89, and a Springfield XD 40 Tactical, neither are overly concealable. Its time for a new gun for carry.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concealed Carry Pistol......

Smith & Wesson. 38 Special+P. Titanium. Weighs less than one pound loaded. Very concealable. So light you do not even know you are carrying it. Short barreled, but actually very accurate.

When I am in the field I carry the 44 magnum in the picture. It barely weighs over one pound(loaded). I do not know who thought up Titanium in pistols, but they should be commended. Tom.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Spike

I would also go with a Smith, but in .357mag instead. You can still load .38's if you want less recoil/greater controllability. The Scandium alloy revolvers are true featherweights. I would use an inside-the-pants holster from one of several good makers. You can carry a speedloader if you need more ammo, but how many shootouts have you been in where you needed more ammo? (Unless you are former military or a policeman in a bad neighborhood)

If I was only wearing truly light clothes like shorts and a t-shirt, I would probably switch to an ultra-compact auto like a Seecamp, a Kahr, or a Walther in .380 or 9mm.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 AM

I would get another Para Ordnance Nite Hawg of a snub nose 357.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

A 38 revolver is a great gun for anyone, but really good for someone who doesn't shoot a lot. There's just not much that you can do wrong. I prefer a 9mm for my carry but still carry the 38 sometimes. I also have a Colt 32 that I carry sometimes. When summer is here and I don't have very good concealment a good ol' 38 derringer or 2 will do just fine!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I carry a Glock 23...40 caliber S&W...My holster is a leather behind the back high rise...If am just careing to the office, I stick it inside my pants, if wearing a coat, it's hidden, if just wearing a shirt, I just pull the shirt out...
Old 02-11-2008, 01:49 PM

For maximum concealability, I would suggest the PPK in 380. But I agree the 38 is the easiest pistol to get along with. The old Chief's Special is hard to beat and a mighty safe carry.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:18 PM

I like my Smith and Wesson Airweight 38 for rounds I use 38spl+p 125 gr hollow points. You can always trust a revolver in time of need
Old 02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Smith & Wesson. 38 Special+P. Titanium. Weighs less than one pound loaded. Very concealable. So light you do not even know you are carrying it. Short barreled, but actually very accurate.

When I am in the field I carry the 44 magnum in the picture. It barely weighs over one pound(loaded). I do not know who thought up Titanium in pistols, but they should be commended. Tom.

Right idea.... wrong format... needs to be a hammerless DA only for concealed carry. That way there is no hammer for someone to get their hand over, no clothing will get caught in it. You can shoot it right out of your pocket, or a lady can shoot it out of her handbag. Your hand is held much higher up on a hammerless revolver, which makes it easier to control recoil, and with the short barrel and high hand hold, it is the most difficult gun to take away from someone... which is another important consideration.

And the rubber grips need to get switched out for wood... doesn't catch on clothing.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:06 PM

I'm kind of a big fella, so I have carried 1911's and a Glock 22 concealed with no problem. I have been carrying a Glock 26 for about 4 years and it is very easy to conceal. It's tiny in my hands, but it fits my wife just right, so she can carry it as well. I'm making the switch to a .41 mag single-action. I have wanted one ever since I passed on one a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry Pistol......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.