Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My guns

Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default My guns

Well, I finally filled up my 10-gun safe. Any of you thinkI'm missing anything?

Here's the list:
Hi-Point 995
1972 Remington 870 Wingmaster
Marlin 336 .30-30
Ruko-Armscor .22 Bolt-action
1962 Remington Nylon 66 .22
1948 Mosin Nagant
NEF SB1 20ga
Old Ithaca 12ga SXS
Mossberg 535 12ga both bird and rifled barrel
NEF Pardner Protector 12ga Heat Shield and Side Saddle

Old 02-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My guns

The way its looking you better get you an EVIL BLACK GUN or two or five befor November!, and a couple high cap pistols!.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

There should be room in your safe for a couple of handguns.
22lr, 9mm, 44mag
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Well you missing the major bolt rifles. A 270 or 25-06, and 308 or 30-06 or 300 Win Mag, and a 338 cal magnum, and a big bore rifle. So there is 4 more guns you need. You better get a get a bigger safe.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have rabbits and squirrels covered with the .22s and shotguns. You have deer covered with the .30-30 or the 7.62x54R, two-legged "varmints" covered with the black guns. Birdscovered with the shotguns pretty well (SXS for pheasant/upland, Mossberg and Remington for waterfowl). Here are what I'd consider the "gaps":

1) four-legged "varmint" rifle (pick something .223, .22-250, up to .243, must have optics)

2) "western" big game rifle (also scoped, somewhere between .270 Winand .300 magnums) for elk, moose, longer shots on mule deer and speedgoats.

3) If you're really a dreamer, you're missing an Alaska rifle (.338 - .375 class)

4) Handguns (everyone needs a good .22 handgun, as well as something a bit larger like a .357, .44, or .45)

Old 02-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need 16 and 20 bore double guns to match that Ithaca.

I gotta ask.... a high point carbine? I almost bought one in .40 a few years ago when I was culling does in SC as a joke, just to see if I could kill a deer with one. I ended up using one of my bosses new toys instead.... a PS-90 (civilan with the longer barrel, but still a 5.7x28). Killed the deer... and wow are they loud. He bet me I couldn't do it... I honestly felt very strange carrying that suped up paintball gun to the treestand.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

I'll tell you what, that hi-point is the funnest gun I have ever played with. They get a horrible rap because of their price. I got that gun brand new with 2 mags and 50rds for $215 OTD. They are made in America, Ohio actually, and I don't have a problem with their lifetime warranty. My buddy bought one used, and the bolt handle was broken, he sent it in they replaced it and put a new stock on it sent it back with a free mag and shirtbecause of the "inconvenience". Would Remington, Mossberg or any other company do that?....don't think so. My local shop can't keep them on the shelf, they must be doing something right.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you were just trying to fill your 10 gun safe, you have been successful, and if you are happy with what you have, I wouldn't post them on here asking for opinions. That is a sure to get your bubble burst.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

If you were just trying to fill your 10 gun safe, you have been successful, and if you are happy with what you have, I wouldn't post them on here asking for opinions. That is a sure to get your bubble burst.
[/align][/align]I wasn't just trying to fill my safe. I am 26yo and that ruko-armscor .22 was my first gun 15yrs ago. Since then, I have bought a couple, inherited a couple and recieved some as gifts. I have a wife and 2 kids and my first concern is putting a roof over their heads and food in their mouths. No, I don't have a $1000-$2000 rifle or shotgun, nor do I want one. I am very proud of what I have, sorry my guns don't live up to your expectations. [/align][/align]I'll contact a mod to delete the post, so I don't waste any more of your time, or people like you.[/align]
Old 02-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: adam11082

I'll tell you what, that hi-point is the funnest gun I have ever played with. They get a horrible rap because of their price. I got that gun brand new with 2 mags and 50rds for $215 OTD. They are made in America, Ohio actually, and I don't have a problem with their lifetime warranty. My buddy bought one used, and the bolt handle was broken, he sent it in they replaced it and put a new stock on it sent it back with a free mag and shirt because of the "inconvenience". Would Remington, Mossberg or any other company do that?....don't think so. My local shop can't keep them on the shelf, they must be doing something right.

Oh no I wasn't giving you are hard time Adam! You can get a lot of enjoyment out of an inexpensive firearm. I think a lot of their bad rap (at least in my part of the world) comes from the sort of customers $139 9mm semi-automatic handguns tend to attract.... if you get what I mean. According to a few law enforcement aquaintences it is by far the most confiscated handgun in most urban areas. Cheap and available... fits their criteria.

We had a sort of ongoing joke at our gunshop (we did not sell them, just because of the sort of customer they tend to attract... and that is no way shape or form a reflection on yourself, please don't think thats what I am insinuating). So I was tempted to buy one just to see if I could kill a deer with it. One of the writer/editors for the South Carolina Hunt' and Fishin' Guide (free publication centered on the outdoors) frequented our store (as he does most stores in the state) and we had him convinced to put a picture of me on the cover with the deer and my firearm of choice if I could succeed!

Quick Reply: My guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.