Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 hardest kicking load for shotgun? >

hardest kicking load for shotgun?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

hardest kicking load for shotgun?

Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 PM

Default RE: hardest kicking load for shotgun?

yeah im guessin!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theturkey load for my 3.5" Browning BPS is the 2 &5/8 ounce "economy" hevi shot load from Nitro Ammo Co. Pushing this load out a .660 super full turkey choke will definately let you know it's there.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

I would tend to agree with everyone that 3 inch turkey loads are brutal, i've never shot a 3.5 inch and have no desire to. This past spring i was turkey hunting and got a nice bird but in all the excitment i forgot to keep my head back from the scope, and that 3 inch mag drove that scope right between my eyes and opened up a nice gash...took 8 stitches to close it up.
I used to slug hunt and shot the 3 inch Remington Copper Solids and those used to beat your shoulder up, the NY county where i hunt switched to rifle so i started using my 7 mag. compared to those 12 gauge loads the recoil from the 7 mag feels like a gentle breeze.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM

I have the Benelli Super Nova in 12 Gauge and bought some 3 1/2 inch 4 shot Turkey Magnum loads and they kick. It will put a bruise on your shoulder. I shot a 5 gallon bucket at 30 yards and it blew it apart.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:00 PM

thats awesome
Old 01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy a new england arms single shot 12 gaugeand toss a Federal High Shock 3 inch slug in it and hold onto your A....S

I think it matches or beats the 3 1/2 inch turkey stuff we got going on with todays pump guns....
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 AM

The original Remington copper solids, absolutely teeth rattling. I have a Benelli SBE and 3.5" buckshot kick but those Remington slugs out of an 870 were worse...and better-man did they stop deer...LOL

Doug
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

3.5 Buckshot out of an O/U
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gmil6184

I would tend to agree with everyone that 3 inch turkey loads are brutal, i've never shot a 3.5 inch and have no desire to. This past spring i was turkey hunting and got a nice bird but in all the excitment i forgot to keep my head back from the scope, and that 3 inch mag drove that scope right between my eyes and opened up a nice gash...took 8 stitches to close it up.
I used to slug hunt and shot the 3 inch Remington Copper Solids and those used to beat your shoulder up, the NY county where i hunt switched to rifle so i started using my 7 mag. compared to those 12 gauge loads the recoil from the 7 mag feels like a gentle breeze.
That's why I refuse to put a scope on a Turkey gun. The excitment in turkey hunting is getting them close.

Tom
Old 01-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey loads are by far the most brutal load that most people will shoot.
I have a Mossberg Ulti-mag that shoots the 3 1/2 " turkey shells. Standing, I can shoot maybe two of those. When you shoot them, you can feel your eyes getting pulled out of your eye sockets when your head gets pushed back.

Quick Reply: hardest kicking load for shotgun?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.