Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Colt VS Kimber >

Colt VS Kimber

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Colt VS Kimber

Old 01-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colt VS Kimber

What do you folksprefere Colt Gold Cup Trophy, or Kimber Gold Match II. http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/GoldCup.asp http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/goldmatch/targetmatch.php Thanks.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colt VS Kimber

Just my personal predjudices and opinion- I'd take a Colt over a Kimber any day.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kimber. I own and have owned over a dozen Colt 1911's, including several Gold Cup's. They will not shoot with the Kimber's(which I also own). I always though the Colt was the most overpriced pistol on the market. But I do have a pair of 38 Special Python Target's that are the berries. The Single Action Army's are also very nice. Tom.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:56 PM

Kimbers will probably be more accurate. Mine sure was.......but there were problems. Sadly Colt has priced themselves out of business as far as I'm concerned. It takes very little shopping to find as good or better firearms for a lot less money. Sorry Colt.[]
Old 01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Don't mean to hijack the thread but are your Pythons the blued or nickel? If I remember right they made 200 Nicklel and 500 Blue..8" barrel right? I am sort of a Colt junkie, but right now I only own a pristine 4" Python made in 1976 and a Govenment Model made in 1975. I bought the Govenment Model from a friend in 1978 and have put thousands of rounds through it. But if I was buying a new .45 it would probably be the Kimber if I had to choose between the 2. But that is because I already have a Colt.
ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Kimber. I own and have owned over a dozen Colt 1911's, including several Gold Cup's. They will not shoot with the Kimber's(which I also own). I always though the Colt was the most overpriced pistol on the market. But I do have a pair of 38 Special Python Target's that are the berries. The Single Action Army's are also very nice. Tom.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are the high polish, long barreled Nickel revolvers. I bought the pair in a pawn shop in Leitchfield, KY. I believe the year was 1988. The fellow took them in on pawn, and needed the cash. I bought them cheap. I sold Colt for a living at the time, and I had never seen any Python other than a 357. The revolver's are real shooter's. But I probably have not shot them in over 15 years. I have them put away in my vault. Along with all the other Colt's I have collected over the years. I worked in the firearms industry for years, and you would be surprised what you can run across.

I have no idea how many they made, or in what configuration. Tom.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

When it comes to 1911 pistols, Colt is near the bottom of the list for me. The colts that I have had were usually fixed with SA parts. Kimber for sure.