HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Shady Firearms Purchase? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/229058-shady-firearms-purchase.html)

8mm/06 01-26-2008 06:49 AM

RE: Shady Firearms Purchase?

I think nothing of folks calling firearms the following...
guns
rifle
pistol
pistol-ee
hog-leg
pop-gun
weapons
firearms
tools
buddies
arms
boom-stick
hand-cannon
My life-long freinds use these and others and it means nothing to me b/c I understand the context in which they use them. Usually ... 90% of the time we just use the word "gun"

It is way more important to know the person and the intent of use. If you have a concern about this I'd ask the guy straight up. What's wrong with a simple honest expression of your reation to his use of the word. Let him explain himself....You don't have to sell it to him, it's not a rental ... you can sell it to whomever you like.
Having respect for firearms and the sanctity of the life of game doesn't mean you must always use a certain lexicon else you are a boor......

retrieverman 01-26-2008 11:02 AM

This is a great thread. I just love idealistic college kids. In my opinion, the emails sounds about as immature as this thread but not at all suspicious.

Sell the gun or don't sell the gun, but this thread is pointless.

RugerMike 01-26-2008 01:03 PM

I have sold and traded firearms for over 40years now. My first thought and bet would be it's a minor trying to buy a gun without permission. I would back off of the sale and go elsewhere, These chat lines and forums have created another criminal and minor problem in purchaseing a firearm. My suggestion as I do, is go through a local FFL dealer to do the trasfer and then you are covered. This goes for all that read this post. Always go through a local ffl holder to save you grief and and problems down the road. That extra $20 or so transfer fee is piece of mind in my book!!
Mike

Briman 01-26-2008 02:09 PM

Always go through a local ffl holder to save you grief and and problems down the road. That extra $20 or so transfer fee is piece of mind in my book!!

Mike
M&M Gun Repair
[email protected]
Gun Shop Owner
Certified Gunsmith
FFL Dealer/Transfers
And it helps Mike put his kids through college. LOL:D

RugerMike 01-26-2008 03:23 PM

I got your LOL Briman!! Do what you want. I'm just suggesting that even though the ("G** Briman" ) may think differently. A FFL dealer transfer is insurance that you get what you pay or trade for. But then again a hand shake is as good as anyones word now a days isn't it HUH? Briman?? Some people just don't get it or have a clue>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>

bigtim6656 01-26-2008 06:15 PM

that does not always work

i sold a AR at a local dealer and they called said they had a guy wonting to buy it
i said OK
went down got my money well guest what they did not run it through the ffl
i found this out because i asked for a receipt saying they sold the gun to so and so
just in case it got used in a crime the guy said he would but the guy who bought it did not wont to go through the FBI.

I refused to pay there 50 bucks for selling it

The said if not they would sue me
I said OK well i guest you can explain it to the FBI why you did not run it through them

ORIGINAL: RugerMike

I have sold and traded firearms for over 40years now. My first thought and bet would be it's a minor trying to buy a gun without permission. I would back off of the sale and go elsewhere, These chat lines and forums have created another criminal and minor problem in purchaseing a firearm. My suggestion as I do, is go through a local FFL dealer to do the trasfer and then you are covered. This goes for all that read this post. Always go through a local ffl holder to save you grief and and problems down the road. That extra $20 or so transfer fee is piece of mind in my book!!
Mike

Briman 01-26-2008 06:38 PM

Some people just don't get it or have a clue>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>
Like people missing the big smileys at the end of a post.

I actually support your position Mike, if only to give one of the FFL guys business. If you lived around here and did $20 transfers, you'd have all of my business.;)

Paul L Mohr 01-26-2008 08:48 PM

I got the joke, and thought it was pretty funny myself. Then again I don't try and sell something everytime I make a post either.:D

Paul

vabyrd 01-26-2008 11:02 PM

If you feel funny about the sale, then ask to do a transfer. If he bows out, thenit may be sketchy. If not, then you have nothing to worry about. I'vedone background checks on private sales before.No problem. The minimal fee might make you sleep better.

RugerMike 01-27-2008 06:31 AM

Briman

I appologize Briman yesterday was a long exaspirating day and your comment was the last straw, I quess. Again I'm sorry I took it the wrong way just trying to help the others out to save them some grief.[&o]

Paul L Mohr

I just try to help others out about their questions and wants, If I can , sorry that upsets you. I'll try to do better. OK?[&o]