Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Can Someone Explain to Me >

Can Someone Explain to Me

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Can Someone Explain to Me

Old 01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can Someone Explain to Me

I am having a problem digesting these ammo price increases. I realize metal prices have increased but give me a break. I mostly reload, but I do shoot factory in my AR's, and at the price of shot it is cheaper to buy factory rounds.

This is what I can not figure out. If a normal $10 box of ammowent up $5 that is one thing. Butthe premium ammohas went up as much as $20 a box. How can metal increase effect inexpensive ammo only $5, buteffect premium ammo by $20??? Does premium amm have more lead and brass in it,as compared to inexpensive ammo??? I do not think so.

I think we are being SCREWED!!! What can we do about it???

I feel the same way about bullets, and all components. The premium bullet companies are really laying it on heavy. What can we do??? Tom.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Can Someone Explain to Me

About the only thing we can do is bend over and take it. [:@]
Old 01-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know for sure that I will cast alot more of my bullet's this year, than what I did in the past. I always shot jacketed bullets out of my 30 caliber's, but I will be buying a 30 caliber mould this year. And I will be spending more time shooting my 45-70's. The only jacketed bullet I will shoot this year is for my 22 caliber ground hog rifles, and I bought 2400 bullets in December, so I will be good for a long time. Tom.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
bigcountry

I would hate to see it if you had to buy slugs. My coppersolids went from 12 dollars a box, to well over 15. Thats a bunch of crap.I can see the XM193 surplus going up as they are not making any more.

IMO, they are screwing us. Even if the price of copper doubled, you raw product only went from 20cents to 40cents.

Petro and energy prices and the weak dollar comes in play too. Making the product takes energy. I have a feeling this has more to do with it than anything.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think we are being SCREWED!!! What can we do about it???
Oh yeah Big time minus the vaseline

What can we do not buy them and they will lower their prices. Midwayusa is one of the worst perpetrators as is Cabelas,Gander, Basspro. DOn't buy ammo or any componentsfrom those clowns. No reason why I canwalk into a local mom and pop store and buy premium ammo for 10-15 dollars less a box then what the above mentioned retailers sell their stuff for and I bet they don't get the quanitity discounts they get either. Call them up and complain about their prices..sooner or later it will sink in .
Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

It is unfortunate simple economics. There is now a developed market for premium ammunition.Ammunition companies use these products to create a high profit margin. In short it is all about business and as usual it is all about the money. The same reason that the new Remington 798 cost $100.00 more than it did last year when it was sold by Charles Daily. Anyone who thinks that the American sporting goods industry actually cares about the American sportsmen is mistaken.
Please don't misunderstand,I am all for profit and successful business,but things are getting a bitout of hand. And as an added bonus quality cntinues to be underwhelming.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone who thinks that the American sporting goods industry actually cares about the American sportsmen is mistaken.
Please don't misunderstand,I am all for profit and successful business,but things are getting a bitout of hand. And as an added bonus quality cntinues to be underwhelming.

+1 on that
Old 01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Spike

Jeez...I hate to get political with this...but you can thank the current administration for the total mess the economy in general is in. We are in a flat out reccession!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

one word war

5.56 or .223 ammo is the ammo the govt and nato uses in there service weapons so the longer we fight the war on terror the higher and higher it will be

but after the war i think it will drop alot.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

how is it bush's fault for the cost of ammo
would you prefer gore and Kerry was elected and they took our guns away the surrendered the country to osama

Were fighting two wars soon tobe a third with Iran
and there are uncountable conflicts in other country's AfricaSudan so on those country's and militant groups are buying all the ammo they can

If you look the cost of brass and cobber and lead has gone up all over the country.
i took some scrap copper pipes in a scrap yard 6 months ago then a month ago and it went up 25cents a pound for scrap

it is not bush who caused it but it will be bushwho fixes it.
ORIGINAL: steelerzzz

Jeez...I hate to get political with this...but you can thank the current administration for the total mess the economy in general is in. We are in a flat out reccession!

Quick Reply: Can Someone Explain to Me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.