Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remingtons copper solids >

Remingtons copper solids

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remingtons copper solids

Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remingtons copper solids

Just bought a NEF Ultra Slugster and was thinking about trying these... Anybody shot them in there slug gun and how did they shoot???
Old 01-09-2008, 07:51 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Remingtons copper solids

Generally all I shoot anymore in my slugguns. Most consistent. But I have tried 2.75" and 3" in every slug gun I got and the 3" always suck.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 PM

I tried them. I saw what happened when I caught a very small branch with one. The petals opened up and it darted off completely missing the intended target. That was the last time I ever shot one.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:08 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: caribou_sniper

I tried them. I saw what happened when I caught a very small branch with one. The petals opened up and it darted off completely missing the intended target. That was the last time I ever shot one.
You found a slug that hit a branch and the petals opened up? You think another slug would have hit your target?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Typical Buck

I've been using them for a while. I like the way the group and preform.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

I used them for a couple of years with great success then one year I was forced to buy something different because the stores were all out of Copper Solids...Bought Federal Barnes X slugs and they were just as good if not slightlybetter.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

There are lot better options out there than Remington. Like Federal, Lightfields and Hornady SST's!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:09 AM

bigcountry, Not sure where your going with your comment. Your sarcasm isn't appreciated. I stated my personal experience with remington solid copper slugs. I tried them. I had a negative experience. I saw one open up because it struck a small branch before it got to the target. I relayed my experience. I think they are not a good design for the brushy conditions I hunt.

Perhaps you have a different opinion. Your certainly entitled to your opinion. Just like I'm entitled to mine.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:40 AM

I like the Federal Barnes Expander slugs better then the Remington Copper Solids. Not that i ahve a problem with them i just feel the Federals perform better.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: caribou_sniper

bigcountry, Not sure where your going with your comment. Your sarcasm isn't appreciated. I stated my personal experience with remington solid copper slugs. I tried them. I had a negative experience. I saw one open up because it struck a small branch before it got to the target. I relayed my experience. I think they are not a good design for the brushy conditions I hunt.

Perhaps you have a different opinion. Your certainly entitled to your opinion. Just like I'm entitled to mine.
Easy greasy. I was just hoping you would expand more on your experience for my own personal knowledge. You are in no way obligated to answer. Your post just didn't make sense, and thought maybe their was more to the story that we didn't get to hear. Its a free country and you can explain as little or as much as you want. But realize your on a open forum, and we can post little or as much as we want.

Quick Reply: Remingtons copper solids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.