Now I'm going to be a happy camper...:D..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Browning T-Bolt in 22 Mag. or 17 HMR. >

New Browning T-Bolt in 22 Mag. or 17 HMR.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Browning T-Bolt in 22 Mag. or 17 HMR.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Browning T-Bolt in 22 Mag. or 17 HMR.

I’ve been holding off on buying the Browning T-Bolt because they just came in the 22 lr but now they have this rifle listed in the 22 mag. and 17 HMR. That 22 mag. is next on my list for 2008... Now I'm going to be a happy camper...

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...asp?value=021B
Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Browning T-Bolt in 22 Mag. or 17 HMR.

My local dealer has one in 22lr .. He flat out told me to buy an Old one but not the new one. I was also at a Full Beretta dealer last saturday and they had Sako quads ..2 guys looking at them belong to my gun club. They said they shot extremely well. They were selling them with a single barrel(less then the Tbolt) or with 4 barrels in a carrying case for 1386 US
Old 01-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

My local dealer has one in 22lr .. He flat out told me to buy an Old one but not the new one.
Man I didn’t want to here that, but thanks for the info...
Old 01-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I was also at a Full Beretta dealer last saturday and they had Sako quads ..2 guys looking at them belong to my gun club. They said they shot extremely well. They were selling them with a single barrel(less then the Tbolt)
That’s not the story around here. The Sako Quad on special is around $100.00 more then the T-bolt ...[>:]
Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

i own a 1972 T-bolt it was the first gun I ever owned. i have been very satisfied owning this gun the last 35 years. I never could understand why they stopped producing it and do not know how the "new' one compares to the old one. It would be hard to find an old one in really good shape and if you did you would pay top $$. I think I payed 75.00 new back in 1972. i wish I could find the peep sight that came stock on this gun but due to my 'old' eyes the leupold 4x does the job.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve come across a sporting good store on line that has an old T-bolt with the rear sight missing and the price isn’t bad. It’s been listed for some time now with no bites. Maybe I’ll get them to e-mail me a picture to see what it looks like...
Old 01-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

I would take a Sako Quad over a Browning T-Bolt any day even if I did have to spend a little more. Another one to look at is the Weatherby Mark XXII which is an Anschutz 1517 with a high gloss WBY style stock.The trigger group on the annies are very nice and are no slouch in the accuracy department.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been wanting a good .22 mag . myself.Seems like I have always heard that the .22 mag. was not an inherently accurate cartridge? Is this another one of my old wives tails .I certainly hope not.I want one that has to shoot great like a anschutz.Don't they still make one in a Rem. 700? or just the 40X?
Old 01-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking for a 22 mag. and thought the T-Bolt was it. After all, it’s Browning??? Double A, that Weatherby sound tempting but I didn’t want to spend that type of cash. I might have to look for a Marlin bolt or maybe the CZ ? ...
Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
DM

I have an older T-bolt, and i have looked at the new T-bolts...

The 3 or 4 guys on line that i've talked to that have the new T-bolt, like them a lot... The only complaint i've heard, is for the trigger to be better from the factory, but like all the other guns made today, there's a fix for it...

Anschutz is the one to buy if you want a lighter but well made accurate 22...

DM

Quick Reply: New Browning T-Bolt in 22 Mag. or 17 HMR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.