Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Thumbhole Rifle Stock? >

Thumbhole Rifle Stock?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thumbhole Rifle Stock?

Old 01-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Thumbhole Rifle Stock?

Has any one tried a Laminated replacement thumbholerifle stock through Cabelas? I'm sure they are not 100% drop in but they are finished and havegood customer ratings...$159.99
Old 01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: Thumbhole Rifle Stock?

i just ordered a set for my rem870 and got 20bucks off for gettin a cabelas credit card, plus i had a 10$coupon, and the forarm was on sale [5bucks off] for a grand total of $109.58!!delivered
but there on back order!!
ive heard and read good things about them as far as them fitting so i figure what the hell!!
ill post my feedback when they come in
they said bout the middle to the end of this month
Old 01-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

I might just drive down there and see what they've got, I need it for my rifle. Sounds like you got a good deal.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love thumbhole stocks, might have to check into this. Link?

Wonder if the have one for Tikka's.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Not through Cabelas, but I put a Boyds thumbhole, pepper laminate on my 870 slug gun, absolutely love it.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Spike

i would of rather got the grey colored one, but they didnt offer it!
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?QueryText=thumbhole&N=4887&Nt k=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt =thumbhole&noImage=0
Old 01-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I went with the Boyd'sclassic pepper laminate stock. I had to remove some out of the barrel Chanel to fit my fluted stainless barrel, but I got it to fit real nice. $129.99 at Cabela's. The gray/black looks good with the stainless.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

You can order straight from Boyd's. I have 3 of the laminate JRS's, 2 nutmeg andpeppered. I like them. The last wasn't the straightest in the world, but for $69, it is fine for a hunting gun.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: balde

i just ordered a set for my rem870 and got 20bucks off for gettin a cabelas credit card, plus i had a 10$coupon, and the forarm was on sale [5bucks off] for a grand total of $109.58!!delivered
but there on back order!!
ive heard and read good things about them as far as them fitting so i figure what the hell!!
ill post my feedback when they come in
they said bout the middle to the end of this month

Good luck on that. I've heard that you really need to pad the front part of the thumbhole where your hand will come in dontact with it... Shotguns kick pretty good and your hand winds up absorbing alot of the recoil.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: okgobbler

You can order straight from Boyd's. I have 3 of the laminate JRS's, 2 nutmeg andpeppered. I like them. The last wasn't the straightest in the world, but for $69, it is fine for a hunting gun.
I know, but they are more money,( $179.) at Boyds and they come unfinished, Cabelas was $129. finished. Unless you can find a blemished one at Boyds to fit your gun, I'll go with the less $$$ one.

Quick Reply: Thumbhole Rifle Stock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.