Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bipods

Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Spike

Default Bipods

Im looking for a bipod and have narrowed it down to harris or shooter's ridge (like i really had a choice ). Im leaning towards SR since it's a little easier on the wallet. Anyone have any problems with SR bipods?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bipods

I have both, they are the same design. My SR has given me more problems (the bolt that holds the leg together keeps coming loose), but nothing big. The Harris works great too. Just make sure you get the pivoting model. I'll probably try either the Versa-Pod or Snipe-Pod next.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

I like the Stoney Point Rapid bypod. It swivels 360 degrees and it clips on and off. Use it as a walking stick while it is not on the gun. That way you don't have to carry the extra weight while carrying the rifle.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Harris and they work great, but the added weight is a lot to an already heavy gun. I use it some times when I am just sitting and spotting,( with a spotting scope, not the Rifle scope)but if a long stalk is needed I would rather use my shooting stick. JMO
Old 12-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have SR's on my Muzz and love them...I like the longer ones so I can shoot level while I'm sitting...
Old 12-31-2007, 10:21 PM
FA
Fork Horn

I have heard a few negative comments about the shooters ridge not being as strong or as sturdy as the harris. I too am loking for a bipod and decieded to go with the harris. Go into the www. midwayusa.com or cabelas and read the reviews before you make your decision. I think you will go the extra money and buy the harris.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll put in a second vote for the stoney point rapid bipod.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I took a mule deer doe using the Stoney Point Rapid by-pod on my 270wsm at a lasered 298ys. in the kneeling position. Was rock steady. Yesterday went up on the hill behind house and was hitting 6" dia. rocks with the 270wsm at lasered 500yds. in the kneeling position. So it depends if you are shooting off bench at targets or shooting game wether you you want the quick detach by-pod or not.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Harris bipods. There have been times when I needed another bipod and "saved" a few dollars by buying another brand and each time I gave the off brand bipod away and bought a Harris.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

just bought a Harris, LOVE it. Didnt think about it, butnow I wish thatI bought the swivel version, so take that into consideration.

Quick Reply: Bipods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.