Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 DRT Frangible Ammo >

DRT Frangible Ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

DRT Frangible Ammo

Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
S1

Default RE: DRT Frangible Ammo

Having worked on this technology for over a decade, and having killed many elk, bear, and deer with these bullets in tests and on video, I will tell you that these bullets work much better than lead core bullets. These bullets are denser than lead, not the other way around. Keep in mind that some Weatherby rounds are over 4 dollars per round in lead these days. This bullet technology has less wind deflection than lead boatails, and the hardness of the cores is taylored to the penetration profile need for game shot with the caliber chosen. Anyone that has not had lead bullet fragments in their downed game, or ruined a little meat, has not hunted much.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

"A leathal powder of particles...."
Thats an oxy-moron. I'm with you longrifle, I'd bet money it would splash on bone... heck its designed to splash.

No thanks...... the rock salt/seasoning duck shot was a better idea than this.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like this is similiar in performance to a Glaser Safety Slug
Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: S1

Anyone that has not had lead bullet fragments in their downed game, or ruined a little meat, has not hunted much.
Thats a hell of a statement to make in a first post.

I'm not one to get on an ethics train and rain holier than thou down on folks, but personally I wouldn't put my name next to a company whose sales reps are promoting gut shots to reduce meat loss. Thats curing a headache by cutting off the head and makes about as much sense as a square tire.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yet another gimmick comes down the pipe that thousands of people will come running after with money in hand hoping yet again this will make up for their lack of practice and decent marksmanship skills...while as usual..the animals and their own ear drums suffer tremendously...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:37 AM

I would prefer not to dress a gut shot animal if I can help it. Sure as hell am not going to do it on purpose.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

I would prefer not to dress a gut shot animal if I can help it. Sure as hell am not going to do it on purpose.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm.... bullet that disintegrates on impact, leaves no exit wound and either instantly drops game or wounds them and condemns them to slow death- sounds a lot like a 245 grain Powerbelt pushed by 150 grains of powder except more expensive (sorry, this is for those of you who shoot muzzleloaders). Seriously - can anyone be advocating this for deer-sized game??? Might be great on varmits, but on medium-large game all I can see is a recipie for disaster...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had enough trouble years ago with 139 gr. bullets out of my 7 mag at slightly less than 3300 fps doing exactly that at ranges of 100 yds. or less, until I wised up. And it didn't cost $4.00 a shot to get the effect.
Nope, no thanks !! Been there, done that.......( well not the gutshot part...)
Old 03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
S1

I find it amazing that some shooters here have never tested the technology, but some how know exactly how it will perform? Do tell, where do you get your crystal ball?

"Yet another gimmick comes down the pipe that thousands of people will come running after with money in hand hoping yet again this will make up for their lack of practice and decent marksmanship skills......."

If you have not shot both technologies, compared them side by side, then you should not be talking smack about something you know absolutely nothing about. The 200 grain PT 30 caliber bores a 1/2 inch diameter hole in the shoulder of an Elk, liquifies the lungs, 1/2 of the heart, and the top 1/3 of the liver. Not to mention the animal drops to the ground like a puppet with the strings cut. NOT EVEN A STEP! Done this more than 5 times on bulls, 3 black bears, 1 grizzly, and countless deer. Sorry ...Deleted by CalHunter... but it is what it is.

When these lead bullet manufacturers claim their "Partition retained 82 percent of its weight" on a recovered bullet, where do you suppose the other 18 percent went?

Quick Reply: DRT Frangible Ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.