Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AR-15 ?'s

Old 12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: AR-15 ?'s

you do not need any licence just a normal ffl transfer just like you buy a 12 ga when you go to the ffl they do not even tell the fbi what gun your buying i bought a mossberg and they called the fbi and got the ok before i told them wha gun i wonted
Old 12-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Alright, thanks a lot for the info.

Not to sound like amoron, but say if I did DPMS model that was $670 and I eventually wanted to used for varmins, predators, deer, ect. I could buy a different upper receiver that was capable of mounting a scope on it and put that on my lower receiver?

Also, does $670 seem like a good deal, or are there better deals to be found?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

two thing to that there is a slide mount that you mount ontop of the carry handle to mount a scope bt my thoughts are to buy a ar with a removeable carry handle they do not cost much more and i am sure atlanticfirearmes has one for alittle more
the only thing wrong with the dpms your looking at is the 16 inch barrel which is a little short for long range but thats what i had and it shoot good out to aleast 10 yards which is what i shot it at
ORIGINAL: Lordgunner

Not to sound like amoron, but say if I did DPMS model that was $670 and I eventually wanted to used for varmins, predators, deer, ect. I could buy a different upper receiver that was capable of mounting a scope on it and put that on my lower receiver?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

thing one if you live in cal an wont a ar move lol
most state do not have any restictions on ars

i went to florida and live in indiana and took it to florida with me no proplem i just called to atf to make sure
ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Lordgunner: I'm not aware of any states that require a special license to acquire an AR. Certainly not required here in Texas. Other states and even cities might have regulations that may apply. California is certainly not AR-friendly. You might get better advice on this issue if you let us know where you live.

As far as the choices you've listed, I think that DPMS has a better rep than Olympic.

You might want to post your questions on one of the forums dedicated to black rifles. I think www.ar15.com is one of the bigger and better forums.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM

You are correct on the upper deal. There are just 2 pins that hold the upper to the lower. You can own one lower and 20 uppers if you want. Takes 10 seconds to change.

You mentioned for deer. I think the lowers made to handle the biggerrounds like the 243, 260 and such are made differently like the AR-10.That is unless you mean using the 223 for deer usingsomething like a TSX or something.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 PM

bigtim,
not trying to be a dick, but did you see the post I had below the one you quoted. After I made the one you quoted, i realized that was probably a dealer not a manufacturer.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Miket_81

You are correct on the upper deal. There are just 2 pins that hold the upper to the lower. You can own one lower and 20 uppers if you want. Takes 10 seconds to change.

You mentioned for deer. I think the lowers made to handle the biggerrounds like the 243, 260 and such are made differently like the AR-10.That is unless you mean using the 223 for deer usingsomething like a TSX or something.
There is also the 6.5 grendel and 6.8 SPC cartridge, very capable for deer...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

you can no take a .223 lower and just throw any upper on it you are limited as to caliber you can not take a .223 lower and a 308 upper and have a .308

i asked bushmaster when i had mien and wonted to go to 7.62 they make a 22 kit like lordgunner asked about and a 7.62 upper that can be used on the 5.56 lower which gives you a gun good for varmint a gun good for say a kid or woman to get into deer hunting and the 7.62 a good hunter or big guy can use for hunting

and i would take a AR hunting over any other rifle if i had the choice and the gun was made up right
ORIGINAL: Miket_81

Old 12-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

i did see that sorry i was not trying to say you were stupid or anything
ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

bigtim,
not trying to be a dick, but did you see the post I had below the one you quoted. After I made the one you quoted, i realized that was probably a dealer not a manufacturer.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigtim - When people say 7.62 that refers to 308. So what are you trying to say? I think you are trying to say 7.62x39.....But I may be wrong..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.