Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new gun

Old 12-12-2007, 12:00 PM

Default new gun

hey guys, i'm expecting a pretty good paycheck and i'm thinkin about buyin a new gun.. I live in arkansas, and I've got deer, squirrel, and predators around here, as well as the occasional hog.. I'm wanting a gun that's pretty all around for these.. within reasonable cost. Any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new gun

hey guys, i'm expecting a pretty good paycheck and i'm thinkin about buyin a new gun.. I live in arkansas, and I've got deer, squirrel, and predators around here, as well as the occasional hog.. I'm wanting a gun that's pretty all around for these.. within reasonable cost. Any suggestions?
You'll either have to buy a shotgun and rifle or 2 rifles(one highpower and 1 22 lr) if squirrels are on the list.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Spike

what do you have in your arsenal now?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 PM

Deer, Predators, and Hog i would get a 25-06. For Squirrel i would get a shotgun or a 22.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you actually want to eat the squirrels you'll need 2 guns! Otherwise, a .243 or 25-06 will do it!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

Deer, Predators, and Hog i would get a 25-06. For Squirrel i would get a shotgun or a 22.
I'll ditto this. 25-06 is potent deer and hog medicine, and loaded up with Barnes or similar, it's not toobad on pelts and what not.

But yeah, couple that with either a nice shotgun or something like a .17HMR(which could also do coyotes at close range), and you'll be set up pretty nicely.

Where abouts are you in Arkansas? I'm down in the SW corner.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:03 PM

right now i'm hunting with a 7.62x39 (mini 30) for deer and i've shot coyotes with it too.. i was thinkin a shotgun too... we got a couple of remington semi-auto shotguns but they've given us trouble before and still are. plus they're dads.. i'm wantin one of my own thats dependable.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Hey sorry i havent been on in a while.. I went to walmart to do some shoppin and ended up in sporting goods (always happens).. I was lookin at the guns and found a maverick shotgun.. nice looking gun, nice price.. Went today and picked it up. lookin to shoot some skeet wednesday... let you know how it shoots.

hey leben, i'm central... little ways south of little rock.