Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 T/C encore accuracy >

T/C encore accuracy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C encore accuracy

Old 12-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Default T/C encore accuracy

Thinking about getting an encore.The concept of having multiple barrels for the same gun has some benefits.but I have read different opinions regarding the accuracy of the rifles vs a standard bolt action.What say you????

Thanks,
CB
Old 12-07-2007, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: T/C encore accuracy

e-mail sent [email protected]
Old 12-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are as accurate as the one pulling the trigger.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

There great rifles, Ive only hunted with and encore twice and it does a number on deer. I guess it kinda depends on the caliber to though, Iwas shooting it in a .300 win. mag.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had an Encore in 7-08 that I could not get to shoot to my satisfaction. I even sent it back to T/C to have it checked. I guess the rifle did have acceptable 'hunting accuracy' as they say. Normal group size was in the 1 1/2" - 2" range. Just something I couldn't live with. I traded it in on a Browning Micro Hunter in 7-08 and never looked back. Funny thing though, that rifle was stolen from the gun shop a week after I traded it in. Unlucky rifle I guess.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have an encore in 25-06 and it didn't shoot factory loads very well..some as bad as 2". It shot Hornady Custom loads decent,around an inch or so.

With handloads, however, I have it touching holes at 100.

All in all, i'm satisfied with it
Old 12-09-2007, 09:06 PM

I have never been so mad as when TCgave me the same "hunting accuracy" crap. I sent a bull barrel 308 back twice that would only shoot best average 1.5" with any factory ammo. At the time I was a dealer and held an FFL, Fox Ridge who was supposedly TCs custom shop finally let me talk to the person that was supposedly working on my gun on its second trip back. He had the gall to ask me what I was doing with my gun, and when I told him hunting, he said " IT SHOULD BE ACCURATE ENOUGH FOR THAT". I could have thrown the phone through the wall. Why would I carry a 20lbbull barrel with a 4x14x50 Leupold, that i could out shoot with a Savage and a Tasco.

I was later told by a custom barrel maker the chamber was cut wrong. I tried to have rechambered in 300 WSM but the idea failed and the barrel was scrapped.

Just last week a TC came in the shop in 7mm Mag, It would shoot nothing it was fed.

It seems that TCs QC is not too good. I have seen tack drivers and sprayers. You can get a poor shooter in any brand, but I am getting a bad feeling about TC from some personal experience and read too much bad review not to think some are true.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

You forgot to mention the cost of a T/C and "extra barrels"!!
For that amont of money, go with a Tikka!!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 AM
bigcountry

I have an encore in 204. to get acceptable accuracy from a varmit round, I had to take to my gunsmith. I had to have a hanger system installed in the forearm, and the holes in the action and barrel milled to exact size and put in an oversized hinge pin. I know I lost my warranty, but TC wasn't going to do anything for me anyway. It went from 2" groups at 100yards to 0.7" or better.

Anybody that says, "its only the man behind the trigger", doesn't understand the construction of a break open rifle and what is needed to make them accuate.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:43 PM

I had a guy at the range the other day comment that getting a single shot to shoot can be harder than a good bolt gun.After doing a little research I think he may be right. T/C's customer service or lack of seems to pop up a lot too.I'm still undecided.I like the concept.What i'm really into is short compact guns.Maybe a micro medallion or model 7 in 300 WSWwould cover all the bases

CB

Quick Reply: T/C encore accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.