HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C encore accuracy
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Ideaman

Default RE: T/C encore accuracy

I have never been so mad as when TCgave me the same "hunting accuracy" crap. I sent a bull barrel 308 back twice that would only shoot best average 1.5" with any factory ammo. At the time I was a dealer and held an FFL, Fox Ridge who was supposedly TCs custom shop finally let me talk to the person that was supposedly working on my gun on its second trip back. He had the gall to ask me what I was doing with my gun, and when I told him hunting, he said " IT SHOULD BE ACCURATE ENOUGH FOR THAT". I could have thrown the phone through the wall. Why would I carry a 20lbbull barrel with a 4x14x50 Leupold, that i could out shoot with a Savage and a Tasco.

I was later told by a custom barrel maker the chamber was cut wrong. I tried to have rechambered in 300 WSM but the idea failed and the barrel was scrapped.

Just last week a TC came in the shop in 7mm Mag, It would shoot nothing it was fed.

It seems that TCs QC is not too good. I have seen tack drivers and sprayers. You can get a poor shooter in any brand, but I am getting a bad feeling about TC from some personal experience and read too much bad review not to think some are true.