Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 mossberg maverick?? >

mossberg maverick??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

mossberg maverick??

Old 12-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Default RE: mossberg maverick??

The Maverick is basically a clone of the Mossberg 500 and is made in Texas, the company is owned by Mossberg.

The differences are they only come in black synthetic with painted receivers and blued barrels. They have a different trigger group with the safety in the trigger guard, they are not interchangeable with the 500's. Most of the other parts are though. They only come with one choke, where as the 500 comes with three.

And most of the parts are made out of the country (Mexico I believe) and assembled in Texas. These things mean a lower production cost, which leads to lower retail prices.

The Mossberg 500 comes with a tang mounted safety, wood furniture options and more options on metal finish and types. They are manufactured and assembled in the U.S. and like I said come with three chokes instead of one.

And as a side note the Remington 870 only comes with one choke as well.

Paul
Old 12-14-2007, 12:21 AM

sloppy compared to a nova thats news to me. I like the mavericks but stay clear of those novas or shall i say toy material. Italy needs to leave the pumps to americans.

Mossberg mavericks a good gun for the money. Where do you like your safety at is the only thing to choose from the 500 and maverick.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

i was told by a good sorce that the mavericks are 500s that the part do not met specs and the saftyis moved propley because it is easy to put on the trigger
ORIGINAL: waynejohnson

sloppy compared to a nova thats news to me. I like the mavericks but stay clear of those novas or shall i say toy material. Italy needs to leave the pumps to americans.

Mossberg mavericks a good gun for the money. Where do you like your safety at is the only thing to choose from the 500 and maverick.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:57 AM

Where was your source, walmart? You need to get new sources from what I have heard people telling you.

Paul
Old 12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

the guy did work at walmart but he knew alot about hunting and guns i just asked the mossberg rep that emailed me the other day what the diff is were know for sure soon
ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Where was your source, walmart? You need to get new sources from what I have heard people telling you.

Paul
Old 12-14-2007, 04:33 PM

I just told you what the differences are two posts up. Search engines are great, yahoo and google work great.

I would quit listening to the dude at walmart, not saying they are all that way, but this guy seems to be feeding you a lot of bad information.

And by the way, the mossberg rep will lie, or leave things out in order to make their product look better.

Paul
Old 12-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mossberg maverick??

you are properly right Paul i did a search and wikapidea said basically the same thing but did not say where they were made but said there assb. in Texas one note my box for my 500 says for repair send to maverick address then Texas
it says nothing about conn. were the 500 is made but it is a 500 and says Mossberg 500 on the stick for shipping so who knows should get a response from Mossberg in a day or to but i expect it will the same as wikapidia and five other sights i got the same exculpation
Old 12-14-2007, 06:45 PM

I am curious to know what mossberg tells you though, so please post it when they get back with you.

Paul
Old 12-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

i will paul it seems to take a few days to gt a respond from them it took them a week and a half when i first emailed them
Old 12-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

One of my huntin buddies has one and it is a dependable no frills gun...

Quick Reply: mossberg maverick??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.