Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Next President/Guns in Politics >

Next President/Guns in Politics

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Next President/Guns in Politics

Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Next President/Guns in Politics

From the standpoint ofgun owners and the role we play in the United States what are your opinons on the upcoming presidential election and the politics associated with.

I ask your opinions respectfully because I, as several elections in the past, see no good option.

I am a registered republican and support the republican party because of its publicised stand on gun ownership, but don't usually feel good about the vote I cast above the local level.

I am from the rural south.

I don't like the mainstream arguement of protecting guns for hunting and sporting uses, though I do want to, I think resposible gun ownership is something we must have for a healthy government. My belief is that if the Bill of Rights was redone by the same people today it would be the Bill of Responsibilities. My humble opinion is that when the Right to keep and bear arms was penned the authors could not imagine not wanting to, they just wanted to insure to right to. Seldom do the oppressed have the ability to defend themselves.

Who will I vote for, it will probably be a default to the Republican Candidate, but I wish it could be one I liked. Somebody give me good news about a least one Republican hopeful.

Please if you reply be respectful to those you disagree with, we might have differnt ideas, but when all is said and done, we are gun owning citizens of the USA andwe are becoming a minority.

If you don't mind are you Democrat or Republican, rural or urban?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Next President/Guns in Politics

i believe that the republican candidate mike huckabee is very against and anti gun legislation and anything that could take away guns/restrict them. i think that it is one of his main points. i may be wrong but im pretty sure hes the guy.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 AM

Yes, Huckabee is from my home state, and he is pro gun , concealed carry, pro outdorrs, loves bass fishing.....he is very sportsman and gun owner friendly. Always has been.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not really impressed with the Republican runners with the exception of Fred Thompson though I doubt that he has much of a chance in getting the nomination.

If Guilliani gets the nomination, I'm voting for a 3rd party.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Briman. At least Fred LOOKS like he could be a President. I don't think he gets too ruffled and may actually have some good old common sense. A very elusive quality these days. If Guilliani Becomes the front runner, I'm afraid we could be in trouble as gun owners. All we need is a President with anti-gun tendencies to tip the balance the other way. I don't know what to do about that if it comes to fruition. I am a registered Republican, and live in a rural area. I really feel third party cadidates have virtually no hope of success. What to do...What to do...????