Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Has anybody shot or bought the 308 Marlin Express? >

Has anybody shot or bought the 308 Marlin Express?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Has anybody shot or bought the 308 Marlin Express?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:15 PM

Default RE: Has anybody shot or bought the 308 Marlin Express?

My brother-in-law used one this year for the Michigan firearms deer season, He said that it was very easy to sight in and that it was one of the most accurate rifles that he has ever owned. 1 inch groups at 100 yards with scope same at 50 yards using the iron sights. He shot a 6 point and a doe, both with only one shot each-devastating results with the new Hornady ammo. He's extremely happy with it, I haven't shot it but it sure is a prety rifle! Bricat
Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback! Its always nice to hear something good about a product you considered buying!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 PM
FA
Fork Horn

Try going to http://www.marlinowners.com/board/viewforum.php?f=60 and ask the question about the new .308 Marlin. They will give you any info you want.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Spent several hours today on the marlin owners forum and man what a great place for info and details. I saw harmonics and balistics charts, and lots of great hunting stories. These people are the serious in depth gun owners and shooters. Everyone should check them out!! Thanks you for all that FA!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:41 AM
FA
Fork Horn

You are very welcome69. I've been a member there for a long time. Anyone who is serious about leverguns should sign up. These guys are full of knowledge and are always willing to answer any questions or help out. I'm glad you enjoyed the website.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 AM

in reply to the new 308mx...i thought long and hard.. i read everything + and- about the 308 mx. i bought one..i am very satisfied with the bullet as well as the rifle...it has to be the most accurate i have ever owned and has knock down power to spare. i own several 308 rifles,blr,remington,winchester.. i like them just fine.. but i have always loved the lever action marlin and just dont like a 30-30.. 35 is ok and i own both. you can say all the neg about the 308mx if you want,, try it first it is a performer and will be the first out of the safe everytime. ammo is not hard to find.. if you think it might be buy 2 boxes it sights easy and is accurate so you wont wast any. as far as reloading.. it will come.. so i say buy it
Old 11-26-2008, 05:46 PM

well i hate to be the first guy to write something negative about 308 MXLR. The cartridge was nice and accurate. i could hold offhand and shoot about 250 yards and hit a steel target with relative ease. but that only happened when the gun would feed the cartridge. my problem was that the tubular magazine or something was screwed up with the gun. everytime i worked the action, a shell would jam the lever and totally render the gun inoperable. i had to take the lever out and everything just to get the shells out. and what really irritated me the most was that after the FIRST and SECOND times i sent it back to the factory, the gun still did not function properly. but i guess that was the gun and not the cartridge.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM

What about a Browning lever action in .308? I have one and love it.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by wjyarkiell
well i hate to be the first guy to write something negative about 308 MXLR.
This is strange as some people experienced this with the early releases and they were fixed by te factory the first time.

For future reference
http://gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satelli...Marlin+Express
Old 09-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Spike

From what I've seen it will be a good load. Reloading wise, might have to wait a year or two when all the components are available. Marlin levers are good rifles. Just a notion, if your looking for packability, might look into the ruger compact mag's 300 or 338 m-77 with a 20" barrel, that's what I took to Newfoundland for moose. Very compact and easy handling rifle. Just after I bought that rifle marlin came out with the 308 & 338's.

Quick Reply: Has anybody shot or bought the 308 Marlin Express?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.