Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Surprise B-Day Gift!! >

Surprise B-Day Gift!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Surprise B-Day Gift!!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Surprise B-Day Gift!!

Well, i'm turning 18 in about 2 weeks and last night i was at my grandpa's house and he walked into the living room and handed me a remington box (always a good thing ). I opened it up and it was a brand new Model 770 chambered for a 7mm Mag cartridge. It seems extremely solid to me and i absolutley love the sexy black synthetic stock and matte black finish on the barrel. I havn't gotten to shoot it yet but i can't wait till i get the chance! I have more guns than i know what to do with, but this is my first rifle with a synthetic stock. I think i may give it a go for deer season this year! I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this rifle?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Surprise B-Day Gift!!

congratulations on a new rifle, go shoot and enjoy!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal. Have fun with your new toy. A 7 Mag will get the job done. BTW, Happy Birthday.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Thanks bugsnbows. I know the 770 is one of remmy's "lower end" models, but for the price of free i'm gonna shoot it until it will shoot no more haha. If it turns out that i don't like it i have about 12 other rifles i could use instead . I've never been much for bolt actions, i love my model 7600 pump action .243 which allows for much quicker follow up shots. I've been reading that a lot of people think the 770 is ugly but i for one think that it looks extremely appealing...but thats just me.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since remington flunked out with the plastic reciever model 710,they completely redesigned it to be a LOT better. The jury is still out on the 770. Please share your experience with us on it?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:43 PM

congrats on the new rifle!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Since remington flunked out with the plastic reciever model 710,they completely redesigned it to be a LOT better. The jury is still out on the 770. Please share your experience with us on it?
I havn't had the chance to shoot it yet, but i'll let you know what i think when i do. Really, the only thing that i can find that i dislike about the rifle is the bolt throw. It isa littlerough, nothing like my Browning 7mm mag or my Winchester .243. Outside of that everything seems to be in order.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can hand lap your bolt and take care of that.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right on man, nothing better than a new or handed down gun. Actually I like a handed down one in just about any condition than a new one, but a new one as a gift is the next best thing. Make sure to oil the bolt and action a bit and it might help that bolt to smooth out a little. I know that helped my 710 out a bit. Hopefully the 770 is better than the 710 because that gun has proven to be not so reliable. It sucks too because mine shot well and fit me good too, but a gun shouldnt crack after a couple hundred rounds through it.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oil the bolt and run a couple boxes of ammo through and the bolt should smooth out. I was given a new Ruger in July and it was ruff but the more I use it the smother it gets.

Quick Reply: Surprise B-Day Gift!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.