Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 browning shotgun question >

browning shotgun question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

browning shotgun question

Old 10-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default browning shotgun question

Now I am looking at the Browning BPS shotguns, they look real nice, how do they hold up, are the good shooters?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: browning shotgun question

Yes, they're very good. One plus I like about them, and the Ithacas is the bottom eject. They're ambidexterous.
I especially ike the upland special model
Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Good guns. Local pawn shops had one in nice (90%)shape for $ 255 when I stopped by for my weekly check. Needless to say it's on layaway for me right now
Old 10-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have about 10,000 rnds through mine that I bought used. I really like it . A stuck case from a wet bbl in a snow storm in a duck blind once but no other failures that weren't my fault . That gun has been out in the muck ancattails thatall the 870's an mossbergs were in day after day .
Old 10-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The browning bps shotguns are,in my opinion,the BEST pump available new on the market. I have 4 of them and have customized a bunch of them.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

The browning bps shotguns are,in my opinion,the BEST pump available new on the market.
I second that. A smooth,rock solid, dependableshotgun.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:54 PM

Anyone have the rifled barrel with cant scope mount for their 12g bps? I have the 12g 3 1/2 bps with camo for turkey hunting and even shoot sporting clays with it. I was looking for a rifled barrelto have as a back up deer gun, (I mainly hunt with pistols) but was getting price quotes for $350 to $500 (just for the barrel). Ifinally found a new barrel for $250, but still wasn't sure if I wanted to put that much money into a 12 gauge pump shotgun that might not be used. Especially with the price of sabots (it's cheaper for me to reload rifle rounds for my pistols)!

So if you use a 12g bps to hunt deer, let me know what you think of it.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
bigcountry

I had 5 browning golds, and decided I need a full camo pump. so I traded one for a BPS turkey pump. Pretty awesome guns so far. Going to take a while to get used to teh bottom eject. Also patterns better than any shotgun I ahve had.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

JHM: My buddy has a BPS with a Hastings rifled barrel w\cantilevered mount. It has very good accuracy out to 100 yd. or so. He takes a deer or two with it every year.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Yeah I think they are one of the best, if not the best shotguns on the market, I use one that used to be my uncles, I got it because he doesnt hunt anymore, it was built somtime in the early 80's, I havent had a jam or missfire ever.

Quick Reply: browning shotgun question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.