Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Savage Weather Warrior Series Rifle >

Savage Weather Warrior Series Rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage Weather Warrior Series Rifle

Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Savage Weather Warrior Series Rifle

I have been wanting a new rifle for quite some time and saw this one on the Savage website. Does anyone here own this rifle? If so, how do you like it?
Old 10-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Savage Weather Warrior Series Rifle

I own one in .270 Winand I love it. The AccuTrigger is very nice too. It will shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards no problem and I only have a cheap Simmons scope on it. I think you would be happy with it. It is not the smoothest looking rifle out there, but what can you expect from a $400 rifle. The bottom line is, it is very accurate and it will get the job done.

Good Luck!!!
Pheasantfanatic

Old 10-08-2007, 06:35 AM

Yes savage may not be the most pretty rifles or cost the most money,but I promise you wont be disapoited.I owen 3 of them and they shoot as good or better then all of my more costly rifles. I have a model 110/270win ,111/300 winmag,16fhsak/270wsm they are all very accurate rifles.The model 16/270wsm has the accutrigger and the adjustable muzzlebrake.It is one of there weather warrior series.It is my newest one.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a model 16 in 270 WSM with the accutrigger. Seemed to be a good rifle withgood accuracy and seemed to shoot everything I fed it. My only complaint was the cheap synthetic stock. It actually felt like something that should go on a childs toy. If they would put a better stock on the rifle it would be a huge improvement.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Savage rifles are awesome and wickedly accurate, right out of the box!

I'm nota fan of synthetic stocks though. To me, honestly, they seem to take away the "personality" of the rifle. But the Weather Warrior rifle seems like a great rifle. It'll be deadly accurate from the word "Go" and will stand up to all weather and conditions. You can't go wrong with Savage.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM

I don't own the weather warrior but I do own several Savages and you definatly can't go wrong with one.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:36 PM

I may be outclassed in the pocketbook, but with Savage rifles I'm not outclassed at the target.
Dollar for dollar you can't touch them for performance.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Spike

Hey mt boy,

I've been looking at a .338winmag w/ the muzzle break and wanted to know what you thought of it. I've never had a muzzle break before, but would prefer one on something with that much boom.

Savage, very functional, very accurate,just not the prettiest thing to look at.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:30 PM

i amnot worried about the gun being pretty or not since i already have a pretty rifle (rem 700 bdl). but also i have been deciding if i want the weather warrior or a package rifle. i will definitely exchange the scope on the package rifle, i am just debating if i want a wood or synthetic stock.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

116fss .300wm I took off that synth. stock and bought this laminated one from midway

Quick Reply: Savage Weather Warrior Series Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.