Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Does anyone own Encore barrels?? >

Does anyone own Encore barrels??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Does anyone own Encore barrels??

Old 09-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does anyone own Encore barrels??

I have a 50cal. Encore muzz, and I am interested in getting some rifle barrels for it! I see they have a new 30TC cal. anyone have it? Im sure they would be a sure pain in the a** to try and find bullets for! I am not sure what calibers I want yet?

Anyhow does anyone know of any good places on the net that sellsbarrels at a fair price?? Someone once told me something like midway~midwest??? I dunno??
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Does anyone own Encore barrels??

Midsouth shooters supply has some deals if you watch for em. I got a 204 barrel for 200 dollars a few years ago, and have some seen some good deals on others.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Midsouth thats it!! Thanks Bigcountry I will have to check it out!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you want .30 TC instead of .308? Look at the amount of supplies/data/availability of ammo you enjoy with the .308.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stalkingbear~ If you go back and read my post I said Im sure it would be a pain to try and find such stuff for the 30.cal? I have a 30-06 Browning Medallion, so I think I will probably end up with a 25-06, .243, or .280 im really not sure? Eventually will maybe have them all I cant see myself ever buying another rifle with the barrel and stock options with the Encore!

Ohhh and BIGCOUNTRY how does your .204 shoot? I am intersted in one for groundhogs!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:03 PM
bigcountry

204 shoot awesome now. But its been a uphill battle. I had to put in an oversized hinge pin, and have the hole in the reciever milled out to match, and milled out the barrel hole to match. And had to have the forarm have a hanger system installed so its fairly no contact. Its not as good as I want, but at 200 yards, I see 1.5" groups with 5 shots. My brothers 700 will shoot better out of box.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

BIGCOUNTRY~~ thats actually kinda scary that you had to do some much to get good groups out of the gun. I hope they all dont have so many problems! I hope to hear others inputs on these barrels, just to see how they worked out for them!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
bigcountry

My hinge pin was so loose, I could shake it out. And the stock set I bought on ebay didn't fit well. Just bad luck all around.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard of others with the hinge pin problem... As for me, I own the 50 Cal Muzzy, .243 & .280 barrels and they all shoot well. They are not as tight of groups as I get out of some of my other guns but they certainly are good enough for deer hunting. The one modification I made was to have the trigger worked on. The factory trigger had plenty of creep and was too heavy for my taste. All in all it's a great setup IMO.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Between my buddies and me, we have encore barrels (Pistols and Rifles), from the .204 up to the .325WSM.......love them all. Including the ML!!! Beware of advice you get in places like this....you never know the circumstances when someone says "I had this problem....". With that said.......
I now hunt deer with the sweetest shooting .25-06 in Encore.....did get the Bellm trigger kit and did trigger jobs on all of them. Just under 3lbs and perfect! The hinge pin "controversy" is something else to be considered. T/C says that it has no effect. Bellm sells the oversized pins too. I can tell you that my hinge pin would almost fall out of the hole too.......but was still giving me half inch groups. Put in the bigger pin just for piece of mind. Also floated the barrel (dremel to the plastic in the forend and some well placed washers). Did it help....still shoots great!!! Point is that every gun/barrel and owner is different. Encore has been an excellent gun for me.
The .223 is sweet shooter too.
Just bought a pistol barrel in the 5.7mm x 28mm fn for it. Should be a fun plinker!