Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 mossburg shotguns any good? >

mossburg shotguns any good?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

mossburg shotguns any good?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default mossburg shotguns any good?

I am looking into getting a new shotgun, I was looking into the mossburg shotguns mainly because of the price. Are they any good? or should I save the money and get something else?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM

Default RE: mossburg shotguns any good?

I have a Mossberg 500 and love it. I have heard alot of complaints about the looseness of the slide and it being too noisy. I don't see that as a problem. So far the only problem I have had out of it is it's dislike for Federal Buckshot. After firing them the slide would jam up.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would not matter how noisy the slide is, I would be chambering the first round at my truck, second won't be until the first shot. I am planning to start hunting turkey next few years (as money flow comes) and home defince so a noisy slide would be a plus in that case.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 AM

Mossburg 500 was my first shot gun. I know lots of guys that have had theirs since they were kids. 20 years plus. That has got to say something for the reliability anyhow. As for a loud slide. once you start shooting at whatever it might be, the sound of the slide really isn't gonna give you away. Something is going to know from the sound of the gunshot.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Just bought a 535 pump for my 10 year old. So far so good. He's shot roughly 200 times at sporting clays with no problem. When we first showed up to the five stand, the lots were funny. They said man thats a big gun for him. It was almost as tall. I replied, yeah, he'll figure it out. He did to and shot about 50%. It is his growing year according to the doctor.

The price was awesome. Two barrels, three chokes and a red dot scope. It's also is easy to break down and clean. Can't ask for anything else.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

I had an 835 and love every kickin' minute of shooting it.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: corey012778

I am looking into getting a new shotgun, I was looking into the mossburg shotguns mainly because of the price. Are they any good? or should I save the money and get something else?
I am not familiar with ALL Mossberg shotguns, but the Army uses the Mossberg 500's, so it has to be rugged and reliable!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have both a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 870. If your buying I'dreccommend looking at both of them if your in the market for a pump. Either one is a fine gun for the money. I'm sure others will chime in about the other brands but I only own these two in pump action. My two auto's are Remington 1187 and a 1100.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:17 AM

I have a 500 AT that My Dad got for my when I was 12. I finaly rertierd it
a year ago after 30 yrs of serivce. I would buy another one.

PS It still shots and works great.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 835s. One is a first generation, first shotgun with 3.5 12 ga. Which means it's 15+ years hold or so. I've put tons of rounds through it and it's never failed to fire or cycle/eject.

Would and will by another/others. Best shotgun for the money in my opinion.

Quick Reply: mossburg shotguns any good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.