Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 TO ALL THE GUN CONTROL FREAKS >

TO ALL THE GUN CONTROL FREAKS

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TO ALL THE GUN CONTROL FREAKS

Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 AM

Default TO ALL THE GUN CONTROL FREAKS

TO ALL THE GUN CONTROL FREAKS OUT THERE that think its good to disarm AMERICANS ..... Here is a video that tips the scale in the favor of the good guys....(THE AMERICAN GUN OWNER)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_YTM_eAWnQ

I like the part when they interview the prisoners....."proven fact, even if laws were inforced,criminals will not obey thelaws."
Old 09-16-2007, 07:35 PM

Default RE: TO ALL THE GUN CONTROL FREAKS

Buck stalker. I am afraid you are preaching to the choir on this site "ol buddy. I will check out the video. If it is good I will pass it along to my liberal friends (I am a musician).
okcmco
Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watched it.
Very good.
Pass on to all, especially the new voting majority...educated, empowered,Soccer Moms who often don't know anything about guns.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Preaching to the choir, yes indeed. Still, I liked seeing the video. I saw that this purports to have been a video produced by "ABC" network. Is that for real? I wouldn't expect a major media network to speak this truth about the futility of gun control laws. And I have thought about how changing the law to require every citizen to have a fire arm might change the crime rates. Of course, it might be useful to couple some sort of mandatory training in firearms use and physical skills training/practice with that law.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm blocked. Please describe the video.

Tom
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

The video is about 4 1/4 minutes long. It has an ABC logo in screen throughout, thus purporting to be countenanced by ABC . . . surprising to me.

Without going back to re-watch the video, the spot begins with some clips of political leaders saying the problem is too many guns, guns are too easy to get in responding to some public shooting events, such as Virginia Tech. Then the attention goes to talking to another point of view. One guy who was involved in the suit against Washington DC about their gun ban says that he saved his life with a gun and tells the story about how merely brandishing his firearm dissuaded a pack of 20 youths who had acted very threatening and made explicit verbal threats to kill him. They talked to some residents of a town who are required by town law to own firearms, and these residents thought it was a good idea to protect themselves and keep the criminals guessing. An elderly couple witnessed to their experience of having robbers enter their house, the old man telling the old woman to get the shotgun, she got the shotgun, and the robbers ran out at very high speed. They interviewed criminals in jail and they said their worst fear was a home owner with a gun. They also said that gun laws meant nothing to them, that they would not think twice about breaking gun laws. At the end it returned to the well dressed, average white male who had been involved in the lawsuit against Washington DC saying you can use your phone to call the police when robbers are breaking into your house, and they will come and find your dead body, but if you want to defend yourself and stay alive a gun is better than the phone. It almost sounded like a script written by Wayne LaPierre of the NRA, which is why I was surprised it was blessed with the ABC imprimateur . . . and which makes me suspicious of its provenance. A good video . . . but preaching to the choir. I wish this had been on 60 minutes or 20/20 or some high profile show such as that.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:18 PM

I dont get what people are meaning by..." preaching to the choir"....I just thaught that some of the guys on here would like the video thats all.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckstalker1187

I dont get what people are meaning by..." preaching to the choir"....I just thaught that some of the guys on here would like the video thats all.
That's exactly what it means. We all like the video and we appreciate you posting it, but "preaching to the choir" means we already agree with what is said in it.

The opposite of "preaching to the choir" would be if you posted the video over on Handgun Control Inc.'s website and tried to covert them into pro-gunners.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

It almost sounded like a script written by Wayne LaPierre of the NRA, which is why I was surprised it was blessed with the ABC imprimateur . . . and which makes me suspicious of its provenance. A good video . . . but preaching to the choir. I wish this had been on 60 minutes or 20/20 or some high profile show such as that.
John Stossel has been on this side of the issue for quite a while, and his opinion has been aired before on 20/20.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

The video is about 4 1/4 minutes long. It has an ABC logo in screen throughout, thus purporting to be countenanced by ABC . . . surprising to me.

Without going back to re-watch the video, the spot begins with some clips of political leaders saying the problem is too many guns, guns are too easy to get in responding to some public shooting events, such as Virginia Tech. Then the attention goes to talking to another point of view. One guy who was involved in the suit against Washington DC about their gun ban says that he saved his life with a gun and tells the story about how merely brandishing his firearm dissuaded a pack of 20 youths who had acted very threatening and made explicit verbal threats to kill him. They talked to some residents of a town who are required by town law to own firearms, and these residents thought it was a good idea to protect themselves and keep the criminals guessing. An elderly couple witnessed to their experience of having robbers enter their house, the old man telling the old woman to get the shotgun, she got the shotgun, and the robbers ran out at very high speed. They interviewed criminals in jail and they said their worst fear was a home owner with a gun. They also said that gun laws meant nothing to them, that they would not think twice about breaking gun laws. At the end it returned to the well dressed, average white male who had been involved in the lawsuit against Washington DC saying you can use your phone to call the police when robbers are breaking into your house, and they will come and find your dead body, but if you want to defend yourself and stay alive a gun is better than the phone. It almost sounded like a script written by Wayne LaPierre of the NRA, which is why I was surprised it was blessed with the ABC imprimateur . . . and which makes me suspicious of its provenance. A good video . . . but preaching to the choir. I wish this had been on 60 minutes or 20/20 or some high profile show such as that.
Thanks for the play by play.

Tom

Quick Reply: TO ALL THE GUN CONTROL FREAKS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.