Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 shotgun laws in ny >

shotgun laws in ny

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

shotgun laws in ny

Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default shotgun laws in ny

i want to put a folding stock and a 10 round mag extension on my 870, prbly not legal but i cant find anyhting that speaks against it on the web, would you guys know.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:09 PM

Default RE: shotgun laws in ny

You will not be able to hunt with it, unless you make itimpossible to hold more than 6 rounds. If you are planning on hunting with it, it would kind of be pointless to buy a extended mag tube if you have to block it so it can only hold 6 shots.
As far as home defense, go for it....therewere no restrictionson owning a pump action shotgun that holds 10 rounds a year ago. As of last year, They wereselling the mossberg 590 persuader right at dicks sporting goodsin somecentral and upstate New york stores. Which leads me to believe......"they couldn't sell em ,if people couldn't buy em." Now I live in Rhode Island soI wouldn't know this years laws inNew York....but you should check at a couple gun dealers, they are usually willing to help in areas like this.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: shotgun laws in ny

well then if its not legal to hunt with more than 6 i might just skip that, im notusin it for home defense, i just want a cool lookin shotgun haha. ill still go for the collabpsible stock, and maybe the mag extansion for sh**s and giggles