Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks >

handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Old 09-13-2007, 04:32 PM

Default RE: handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

thanks......ABOUT 38 HOURSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! lol im ready
Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

dun,

Just a guess, but I'm assuming you're a young guy who'd like to hunt and shoot until you're too old to see or to walk in the woods?

So great, you have some firearms to hunt with now, but what will you do when you decide you want a new rifle next season? Will something you've done between now and then affect whether or not you'll be able to?

Here's my advice: "Don't play on the fringes of the law". You may find the charges dismissed this time, but just look at the time and stress you've experienced? Did you enjoy it? The more you navigate the judicial system, the more familiar it'll become with you (not good). Those who tempt fate and win once are more likely to tempt it again. "Dismissed" may not be the word you hear then.

One of my in-laws recently gothis second DUI. It'd been eight years since the first, he'd done some classes this time, hired an attorney this time, and figured he'd get off with some community service and a fine like he did last time. Judge didn't see it that way and he came a frog's hair from 120 days in the lockup, maxed out on the fines, maxed out on the community service, six years of probation,STILL has to do "weekender" jail for eight weeks, rehab, and can't even apply for a driver's license for two more years.And that's for driving andDRINKING - the biggestsubstance abuse problem in the country.

So, do yourself a favor.Stay away from doing things today that'll acquaint you with the courts.One, you don't need the hassle. Two, the consequences could follow you for the rest of your life.

Just trying to make life easier on ya!