Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 MN Handgun Owners - How Long Wait for Permit to Purchase? >

MN Handgun Owners - How Long Wait for Permit to Purchase?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MN Handgun Owners - How Long Wait for Permit to Purchase?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MN Handgun Owners - How Long Wait for Permit to Purchase?

I'm just wondering for any of you in Minnesota who've applied for and received your "Permit to Purchase Handgun". How long did you have to wait the first time before you received the permit.
Submitted my application just over 2 weeks ago to the local police dept. and haven't gotten any response back in the mail. I thought it was supposed to be 7-10 days turnaround time on such applications in MN.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MN Handgun Owners - How Long Wait for Permit to Purchase?

realy cant remember but I belive it was 2 weeks or 10 working days,it also has alot to do with your PC or Sheriff depending on where you live and what county...
I do know it took 1 month almost to the day when I reapplied for my CCW,forgot to renew..opps..that was awhile ago..took almost 6 months to get my Utah....
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figure I'll give the local police dept. a call next week just to inquire on the status, just in case someone "accidently" slipped it in the wrong pile. I've worked in business doing support where we had a LOS (Level of Service) we were expected to meet (e.g. recovery of an incident in 1 day and permanent resolution in 30 days). If we didn't meet that LOS, we were graded accordingly. I'm not so sure public service departments are held to their LOS levels like that. 7-10 days can mean what? We'll see. I'll be respectful in my questions to them, since they have to complete the process.

I understand that the Utah permit to carry processing time is not at around 90 days.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know ofa Sheriff in the state that if you goin or calland ask about your CCW permitto early he will make you wait longer then normal....After all its up to him......as far as permit to buy,most people get it in 10 working days,also if you filled out the paperwork at the FFL dealer,they might have recived it there.Its know to happen,did to me about 11 yrs ago,the third week I went to the dealer to ask about it and they had it,dont know why but it was sent there.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

when I applied for my Utah there was alot of out of statepeople putting in for thier CCW permit...I was told it could take up to 6 months..They are realy pickie about clear finger prints and all the I's and T's need tobe dotted and crossed also your photo has to be acceptable and you have to have the all paper work signed in the right places..piky picky picky......
Old 06-27-2007, 06:17 PM

I recieved mine roughly 7-10 days after applying
Old 06-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I called the police station on the 27th. They had finished processing my app and said they left a message for me on th 15th. I don't know what phone. Anyway they don't send them through the mail. So, I pick it up yesterday.

I also ordered on of the new configurations ofRuger Redhawk with 4" barrel, DAand Hogue grips. I like it!